Bleeding Chinese brakes

GoldenMotor.com

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
Keeping a long story short I had to make a longer hydraulic line for my rear caliper. I got that done and now it's time to bleed.

What's got me stumped is there's no bleed screw on the caliper.

My neighbor has a Shimano bleed kit so I've got the funnel for the lever and a syringe with a tube on it, ... but no bleed screw to stick the tube on!

There is an opening of course in the caliper, but it's just an o-ringed screw. No way to hang a tube on that.

Any help? And Thanx in advance.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
For the lever you need the piece that threads in to accept the tube, or you can just take the screw out and drop your fluid directly in as needed. For the caliper there will be a bleed screw usually with a small rubber cap covering the tube barb.

Reactions: FOG

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
Thanx for the response Tony. My neighbor's Shimano has the rubber cap and barb that are exactly as you describe. Unfortunately all the Chinese gave me at the caliper is this wee little screw!

DSCF0826[1].JPG

There's an o-ring on there to seal it up but no barb in the hole. And isn't that just about nuts ....

I just bought this;

//www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Bicycle-Hydraulic-Disc-Brake-Oil-Bleed-Kit-For-Shimano-Tektro-Magura/163770743952

It includes a tutorial. Maybe that'll help. I just hope it's not written in Chinese!