79cc billet flywheel found

GoldenMotor.com

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise

Welcome home, friend.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we've all been waiting patiently for! I was cruisin around the internet looking for aftermarket parts for my engine, and I stumbled across this. Arc racing has finally answered our desires with a 79cc billet flywheel! AGK, according to the email they sent me in reply to my inquiry, is soon to follow suit. I will edit this post with a link when they do.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
AGK offers the only unfinned flywheel, but only if you go with. Modified 79cc Predator Engine, Stage 1 – Affordable Go Karts
Their site says unfinned billet flywheels soon to be available. I talked to him last year about a unfinned flywheel. Was told they were at the time available with his Stage1 and Stage2 builds.
I have a stripped 79cc I am shipping him for about a 50% Stage2. Primarily, the .050" compression increase, and heavy valve springs. Might do port and polish depending. I'm keeping the cast iron flywheel for now.
Would have done the full Stage 2 this last summer but I stopped working on account of this Covid chit.
Tom

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I'll be getting the flywheel asap considering I just watched a video of a built 79 grenading it's stock magnet. Granted, the guy was running it unsecured on a table, holding it with his hand, lol. Got what was comin I guess. Luckily, he didn't get hurt, just his shroud and coil.

Anyway, I don't want that happening to me out on the road. I'm also doing a port and polish, and doing everything I can to figure out my dynamic compression so I know what octane to use. If you know where the intake valve closes in degrees on the 79, that would be very helpful.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Alright. I'd rather not pull my engine apart to find out until I get the new flywheel, but if nobody can figure it out by then, I'll do it and post my findings. Each tooth on the crankshaft gear is 18 degrees, so that helps me. I just have to pull off my valve and side cover, bring the piston to bdc, mark the positions, and turn it ccw until I see the valve close. If it's one tooth rotation, then ivc is 18 degrees.