49cc rev limiter

GoldenMotor.com

iHaveAdog

Mar 25, 2017
NE
I finally got a bigger sprocket on my bike, which has allowed my engine to rev high enough to hit this "rev limiter". I discovered it when i was going down hill, reached a certain speed, and the engine started cutting in and out, and kept me at the governed speed, as i continued down the hill.

as discussed in the linked thread below, sometime in 2013 the 49cc engines started coming with a "governor" of the electronic style. This thread mentions how to overcome it, but since its been 5 years, are any of these "ungoverned" parts still available on the market?

or is there a different engine out there, with an identical mounting configuration, that i could replace this engine with?

https://motorbicycling.com/threads/hs-142f-49cc-feels-like-rev-limiter.50462/

CrazyDan

Apr 9, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
Pretty sure all the current flywheels and magnetos available on the market are the newer goverened versions. I got lucky, my older 49cc is ungoverened and the parts swapped right over to my 53cc. Now I'm wishing a billet connecting rod was available, awaiting imminent doom.

iHaveAdog

Mar 25, 2017
NE
I just wanted to share with everyone, i found the solution to this problem!! (crazydan, you probably saw my post on the other site)

to remove the 6800 rpm limit from the newer huasheng engines, you need to remove the CDI and the flywheel, and replace them with replacement parts for the Honda GXH50 engine. The honda part number for the CDI is 30500-ZM7-014, and the flywheel is 31110-ZM7-004. I searched for those numbers on ebay and was able to get both parts shipped to me for $40.

Reactions: Bizare

CrazyDan

Apr 9, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
Yup, saw that. The video posted showed your engine revving under no load to 9400 rpm. Get a billet connecting rod made if you want your engine to last.

iHaveAdog

Mar 25, 2017
NE
With me on the bike, on the path where i was hitting the limiter, i now max out at around 7400.. Do you know of a source for a billet rod? if not, regular rods dont seem too expensive, anyways. I didnt want to overcome the rev limiter so i can be nice to this thing! haha