3se3seElectrical issues custom brake lamp keeps shorting when engine is engaged

GoldenMotor.com
Mar 23, 2022
Hello I was hoping someone could help me on this I pulled apart a pocket flashlight cannibalized the internal guts for a brake lamp hooked up the switches on the brake levers that have internal brake switches I ran a ground wire from the battery to the frame and ground wire to the lamp either way the unit keeps shorting out when the engine is engaged ...???????
(I had a previous setup where I ran a hot wire from this internal flashlight mechanism straight to the lamp and then I ran an isolated ground WIRES to the actual braking mechanism that actually spring clamps down to the WHEEL connecting two separate ground wires to this mechanism within a plastic tube isolating the wires from everything so that they would come together and connect within the tube causing my circuit to be complete when the either brake was engaged).... !!!!!
.....(I found that this actually did work )..

I Upgraded to an internal switch in the brake handles because I was using really old brake handles from like 1963 and I attempted to ground the new electrical brake lamp system off of anything on the bike itself battery to the ground anywhere on the bike frame and or engine
lamp line grounded anywhere on the frame again everything works fine circuit everything works fine (until the engine is engaged this means whether the bike is running or if I just peddle it and engage it without actually starting the engine so many turns of the Magneto is somehow causing a short in the entire system)... flipping the system off where I have to turn the lamp light switch back on again it's a rechargeable enclosed unit from a flashlight now I purchased an ohmmeter to attempt to find out if that's the actual problem that maybe the OHMS are aligned so poorly that it just keeps shorting the flashlight internal pieces out I really do not want to revert back to my first design which certainly does work does anyone at all have any advice regarding this situation if so please get in touch with me the artist tommy pavletic [email protected] [email protected] 323_425_0388