225cc Tillotson performance engine installation

GoldenMotor.com

Blackinkfeather

Jan 23, 2020
So I have a phatmoto rover Faker frame and a gigantic new race 225cc Tillotson engine , and a 40 series torque converter . I want to put the two together but I have an 1/8 in. Clearance issue on the seat post down tube. What should I do?

Reactions: indian22

Blackinkfeather

Jan 23, 2020
Tip the converter up and remount it on angle, lot of guys have done it..........Curt
It's the valve cover I am having clearance issues with . It doesnt leave any room for the fuel adapter, and rests onto the seat post down tube. I need an 1/8" clearance to keep from vibrating into the frame

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
OK i looked and it is a in frame tank,and aluminum, so not sure. Maybe you can cut a half moon piece out of the post and then weld in new curved piece......Curt

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
There’s almost nothing on that bike that fits with a small block clone. The stock motor on it has something like... 2hp? And you are putting at least 8hp with a TC.. do you want a SB225 bike or do you just really want that motor in that bike. I’d keep that bike stock, it’s perfect the way it is; maybe sell it to finance a SB build.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
These frames seem to be Felt knockoffs, but dimensionally they might not match up. Quality I'll set aside for now. I'd suggest searching "Ghetto bikes" he uses big block Predators etc. mounted in Felt frames. His gallery shows a lot of ingenuity in melding large engines to this style frame. It's possible he's also used the Tillotson block on some of these. Just saying...

Rick C.