2 stroke exhaust help

GoldenMotor.com

TEEDEE

Jan 31, 2024
Hello, new member here. I need some advice on what to do for the exhaust on my 2 stroke bike.

It’s a replica/tribute 1920s Indian so I want something that will look vintage but also improve performance. The pipe I have on it just looks too modern.

What have you guys found or fabricated that looks and works good?

Attachments

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Check out a "poo poo flex pipe". It's "classic" style will fit in nicely AND it's got an expansion chamber and a muffler and definitely helps the bike run smoother, stronger and quieter... and very easy on the exhaust flange and of course very flexible.

I would try and stick with a brand name that is recognizable rather than a knock-off because as you can tell there's a difference in length in the exhaust flex and that difference can affect the tuning of the bike as there is a science to it all.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Thanks for the advice. I’ll check it out.
The header length before the expansion chamber matters with 2-stroke exhaust. I’d suggest letting go of the looks requirement on this one and running whatever is best for performance. If looks were important you shoulda thought about that before the build and put a 212 vertical cylinder or other.

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Thanks for the advice. I’ll check it out.
Tony has been in the game longer than I so I cannot refute what he says and I've come to be able to count on it.

But I don't think you will have to give up the look for functionality, there are a lot of places that you can go to find different exhausts of different shape sizes and proportions I would suggest shopping around for at least 3 months before you make your decision.

Familiarize yourself with the dynamics of the exhaust pipe and it will help you understand what you need .

Be diligent and don't just jump at one of the first things you find because you may purchase something that will not help your bike at all and make it run worse.

The dimensions and configuration of the exhaust pipe is rudimentary to the bike running correctly if at all.

If you need any more assistance in finding or locating one, please feel free to private message me and I will be happy to turn you on to some of the things that I figured out and places to purchase them.