OCC-Stingray Chopr 110cc Lifan 4-Stroke

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Thought I'd share a some beginning photo's of this new OCC-Stingray Chopper 110cc Lifan build, with everyone, I have taken 32 photo's since starting this build today.

One reason for taking so many photo's is to show newby's & veteran builders that these 50cc / 110cc horizontal 4-stroke Honda clone motors will fit most Stretch Cruiser's & choppers with a few modifications.

One of the first modifications that I had to make is removing the seat down tube, removed it with a 4-1/2" grinder using a cut wheel, if you don't have one you can pick one up at your local harbor freight tool stores for around $18.00 USD make sure you have 20% off coupon get the extra savings, just have cashier ring all your item's separately.
Here is the Link for the harbor freight 4-1/2" Grinder:- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I save the seat down tube just in case it's needed later! I made the mistake of throwing away parts before only to have it haunt me.

Next step is to weld in a skid plate for motor to sit on, for welding this skid plate I'm using a throw away welder from harbor freight it will cost you about $80.00 on sale and with a 20% off coupon.
Are you scratching your head did Crazy Horse just say a throw away welder, yes I did. I call it a throw away because it's very inexpensive and can handle welding on bicycles. This welder by harbor freight is the 90-Amp Flux Cored Welder: Here's the Link: - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

So I placed the motor inside the OCC-Stingray Frame after removing the seat down tube, and what do you know the drive sprocket and the rear free-wheel line up perfectly, I'm loving this build more and more, the motor sit's perfectly centered in the bike frame.

Next modification will be the pedal crank arms, the crank is wide enough to clear the jug / head on the motor, but the crank arm's need to be shortened.

Next modification is the chain ring on the pedal crank, will try a few different chain rings to achieve a balanced look.

Very important modification if you choose to modify an OCC-Stingray for a Horizontal Lifan 50cc 4-stroke, it is imperative to reinforce your frame weld in a brace on both side's of the frame from your chain stay to your seat stay, or you can take a chance and ride at your own peril. Just a suggestion!

I'll be adding disc brakes as this build progress's, and I'll have both electric start & kick start, did I mention this motor powers your head lights, brake lights, turn signals, oh almost forgot a horn also!!!

So here are some of the photo's or go to my photobuket page to see everything here's the Link:Crazyhorse Occ Stingray Build pictures by ICrazyhorse - Photobucket

If anyone needs more info just ask and I'll do my best to assist you!

Oh yeah did I mention I picked this OCC-Stingray Chopper at a Goodwill thrift store very cheap price.

Peace Crazy Horse

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
So, crazy horse, number one I like your style! Number two, after measurement and all that good stuff your totally right, downtube is coming out, so I have to revamp my suspension but thats all good I wanna beef it up a lil anyway. So I will be keeping my pedals Woo!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Here's the next group of photo's.

The motor is a Lifan 110cc 4-Stroke Horizontal chinese cloned version of a Honda CT 70 Trail Bike Engine.

Engine Model #152FMG

Engine Model #152FMG-110cc WITH AUTO CLUTCH

Type 4-Stroke single-cylinder OHC air cooled
Bore & Stroke: 54 X 54 mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Displacement: 119.7
Max. HP: 8.44 HP @ 7,500 RPM
Max. Torque: 7.75 N.m / 5,500 RPM
Carburetor: Walbro
Idle: 1,500 RPM
Starter: Kick Start / Electric Start
Spark plug: A7TC or NGK C6HSA
Plug Gap: .28 or 0.6-0.8mm
Ignition system: CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition)
Lubrication: Pressure / Splash
Oil capacity: .9L (15w-40-SE)
Measurements: 18 1/4" x 11" x 11"
Weight 41. ? lbs ( Engine only)
Clutch: auto clutch (4 plate)
Gears: 4 speed (primary reduction: 3.722 manual, 4.059 auto)
Gear Ratios 3.182/1.706/1.238/0.916
Magneto: Permanent magnetic
Voltage: 12 Volt
This engine’s head has the large domed combustion chamber, a 27 mm intake valve and the 23 mm exhaust valve. The transmission features a four disc crank mounted heavy duty auto-clutch.

This engine kit contains one engine with 14 tooth counter shaft drive sprocket, side cover, carburetor, intake tube, shift lever, kick start lever, CDI unit, rectifier, electric starter, spacer, gasket, and hardware.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
So, crazy horse, number one I like your style! Number two, after measurement and all that good stuff your totally right, downtube is coming out, so I have to revamp my suspension but thats all good I wanna beef it up a lil anyway. So I will be keeping my pedals Woo!
Terron, I say Rock On Stretch Cruiser's & Chopper 4-Strokers!

Here are next group of photo's:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Just a few more photo's:

My engine is semi automatic gonna use a suicide shifter with an 8-ball knob, like the one here on my bobber.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
cool build :)
that engine is friggin huge !!!
are the 50cc of that style the same dimensions ???
Bill,

Yes as for the dimensions of the 50cc version, however there are a few other chinese company's producing them their measurements may be slightly shorter in length and width.

These motor's have the option of being manufactured as fully automatic, semi-automatic ( no manual clutch just let off gas and shift), and full manual with clutch & lever for shifting gear's'

Yes it looks huge that Lifan 4-stroke 110cc engine sitting in an OCC-Stingray Chopper.

The measurements are 18" Length X 11" Width X 11" Height and a whopping 41 lb's.

The stock horsepower is 8.44 @ 7500 RPM's.

This motor is perfect for those XL-Chopper's on clearance from Beach cruiser bikes only $99 - CruiserStyle :.

$88.00 USD + shipping
Close-out: Chopper 001 - Black - M
[CHOPPER-001-BLACK-YS728]

Close-out: Chopper 001 - Black - M

Close-out sale. No returns or refunds for this item!
This chopper style bicycle is beautiful and will catch everyone’s attention when you are out riding. It comes in shiny black and includes a chrome rear fender, red decals and dual front and back coaster brake. This bike is ideal for anyone between the height of 5’ and 6’. While this bike is fun to look at it can be difficult to learn to ride due to the fact that it is stretched out longer and the seat is positioned lower to the ground. Because of this bikes unique features a professional should assemble it.

This bike is much longer especially the horizontal bottom tube from the bottom bracket ( pedal crank), to the chain stays.

Which give's you plenty of room for the 50cc horizontal Lifan 4-stroke motor, you probably wouldn't have to remove the seat down tube on this chopper due to it's length!

Here's a photo of the XL-Chopper, I would guess the XL means extra long;

Here's a photo of the stock OCC-Stingray Chopper:

Notice difference in length of the bottom tube compared to the bottom tube on the XL-Chopper!

Here's a better photo of the XL-Chopper:

Last but not least my OCC-Stingray Chopper:

Peace Crazy Horse.

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
nice build
cant wait to see the finished product
did you buy that lifan motor used or new ?
if so how much ?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
nice build
cant wait to see the finished product
did you buy that lifan motor used or new ?
if so how much ?
Hey Joker bought that Lifan 4-stroke semi-automatic 110cc Nused still in the box.

It was very expensive $75.00 USD.

I will post updates as this build progress's.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Terron,

Who'd you order you motor from, how many cc's, and did it come with any of the following part's,
foot gear shift lever,
kick start lever,
carburetor,
wiring harness,

C.H.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Its a 110 Ebay (I am a pretty decent ebay hunter) Did come with kickstart, shift lever, intake manifold and wiring. No carb though

bryanedp9

Nov 10, 2009
Tennessee
So where are you at with this build? I've got one similar and I'm wanting to do a suicide shift with the clutch on the rod. If I'm strictly using the motor and no pedals, would I just need a mount to get it going?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
So where are you at with this build? I've got one similar and I'm wanting to do a suicide shift with the clutch on the rod. If I'm strictly using the motor and no pedals, would I just need a mount to get it going?
My suggestion is, on the bottom of the engine there are 4 holes that you can use to mount a skid plate. These four holes would normally be used to mount the foot peg bracket/arm.

Then once you have that bolted to engine line it up on the frame the skid plate that is and weld it in place.

Don't forget you really should weld in a brace to support from seat stay to chain stay, since removing seat post you've lost some structural support, this new brace should be sufficient

The engine can be lined up perfectly so that the engine drive sprocket is perfectly lined up with rear wheel.

You can order a left hand thread freewheel sprocket/adapter from Bicycle Engines, Motorized Bicycles, Bicycle Motors, Motored Bikes: 2-Stroke & 4-Stroke Kits! here's the link: Freewheel Sprocket & HD Axle Kit w/Brake - $49.99

Notice! You may also have to purchase an offset rear sprocket, they're several sponsor advertisers here in the forum that sell the offset rear sprockets.

Here's a pic of left hand thread five hole freewheel sprocket/adapter, you don't need to have it threaded on you can weld it on. I had local machine shop cut left hand threads on mine cost me $292.00

Here's a pic showing the five hole freewheel sprocket/adapter

Here's a pic showing the four ( 4 ) holes on bottom of engine, that you'll be bolting your skid plate to

You can get your skid plate here click on the link below $7.00 Checkout the pic for those of you who don't know what a skid plate is
Motor Mounts BMI Karts and Supplies - Home

Be sure to checkout this awesome site for more parts or accessories that you may need.
West Coast Mini Chopper Product Index Such as gas tanks etc

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
If you are going to use a Honda Cloned 4-stroke engine to motorize your bicycle please make note of the Listed Parts & Components.

I'm assuming that you ( Bryanedp9 ), have the following Honda Cloned CRF 50cc or 110cc and the parts & components listed below?

Parts & Components

1 - Battery
2 - Ignition Coil
3 - Wiring Harness
4 - Kick Start Lever
5 - Alarm System w/ Remote ( Accessory )
6 - Rectifier
7 - CDI
8 - Top Engine Bolt ( N/A if using Skid Plate )
9 - Bottom Engine Bolt ( N/A if using Skid Plate )
10 - 18mm Carb
11 - Air Filter w/ Clamp
12 - Intake Gasket
13 - Intake
14 - 420 Chain
15 - 50cc or 110cc Fully Automatic Engine ( Electric Start or Kick Start )

Or maybe you have this Honda Cloned Engine pictured below, the above engine is a bare bones engine while this one below is fully loaded see picture and Parts & Components list shown below

Parts & Components

1 - Intake Bolts
2 - Intake Washers
3 - Intake Gasket
4 - Carb Bolts
5 - Intake Tube
6 - Spark Plug
7 - Carb Gasket
8 - 18mm Carb
9 - Honda Cloned 50cc or 110cc Engine ( Electric Start or Kick Start )
10 - Lower Engine Bolt Nut ( N/A if using Skid Plate )
11 - Lower Engine Bolt ( N/A if using Skid Plate )
12 - Nuts
13 - Washers
14 - Bolts
15 - Left Side Drive Sprocket Cover
16 - Battery
17 - Fuse
18 - Fuse
19 - Air Filter w/ Clamp
20 - 14 Tooth Drive Sprocket
21 - Sprocket Clip
22 - Sprocket Spacer
23 - Left Side Sprocket Cover Bolts
24 - Ignition Coil
25 - Washer(s)
26 - Rectifier
27 - Bolt for CDI
28 - CDI
29 - Keyed Ignition Switch
30 - Horn
31 - 420 Chain
32 - Main Wiring Harness
33 - Alarm System with Remote Control Kill Switch

For some of you contemplating this type of engine you can purchase a complete Honda CRF 50cc Chinese Cloned Dirt Bike from Pep Boys for around $399.00 or is it $499.00 anyway my point is that you can scavenge the engine and all the above parts & components for relatively quick build with the basic engine shown at top of this post.

Can't think of anything more to add to the thread at the moment, so any builders with questions or members whom have already built a motorized bicycle with the Honda CRF 50cc cloned engine please post your thoughts, questions and idea's with all of us!

Bryanedp9, checkout this engine you could still pedal if you had to or really wanted to!

Peace Crazy Horse

Last edited:

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
41 pounds for the engine alone? Add fuel and a battery that can crank that little f**ker over and your looking at 75 plus pounds!
Plus the weight of the bike, well over 100 lbs....
Can the frames welds take it?