White Rock Lake Dallas TX

GoldenMotor.com

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
I've always wanted to ride around white rock on my motorbike. It's really a sweet lake. What do the local police think about motor bikes?

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Edit: Helmets are required by Dallas city ordinance, and helmet laws and stop signs are enforced.

No one has reported any trouble with police, for riding on the roads surrounding and near the park. Police have seen me ride mine plenty of times on the roads (Lawther and surrounding roads and service roads) and never given me the spotlight or even a beep on the call speaker. Just ride cautiously and follow the road rules, have your ID and stuff with you in case you do get stopped. If you get stopped they might just be checking you out and send you on your way. They have to answer "idiot calls" when idiots complain. I've even heard people say my bike was "illegal" because I didn't have a license plate, or tell me I had to have a drivers license to ride it, as if I didn't have a license. (Idiots!) Riding on the bicycle/jogger path is not really feasible except by pedal-power, because of the narrow lanes, some rough surfaces, and crowds. Speeds over about 15 mph max are really unreasonable on the MUP, and joggers will get incensed over loud bikes. I ride my Tanaka bike with a kid trailer around the lake MUPs, and just use the motor to put along up the hills if needed, and along the 2 lane road (Lawther) where is is used by the pedestrians and cyclists because of the deteriorating path. I've ridden frequently around the whole lake, and a few times along the White Rock Creek Trail north of the lake, though again, speeds are very limited by terrain and sometimes pedestrians. I sometimes use it at night as a sort of short-cut.
If you want to go WOT though, you will have to use the normal streets.

White Rock Creek Trail and surrounding city roads.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.9...m=1&t=h&gl=us&z=18&lci=com.panoramio.all,bike

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=whit...,+Addison,+Dallas,+Texas+75254&gl=us&t=h&z=16

(PS look out for road racing type bicyclists on the MUP going about 25mph and passing dangerously, esp if you are going counter-clockwise along TX 78 approaching Lawther Drive)

Last edited: