Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike community!

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Re: Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike communi

I'm thinking that a spring tensioned unit will be quite a bit quieter than a rigid mount. I'll soon find out!!

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan
Re: Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike communi

I'm thinking that a spring tensioned unit will be quite a bit quieter than a rigid mount. I'll soon find out!!
I'm excited for you to try it out! You should be getting yours Monday or Tuesday with any luck!

Also, as a reminder to other buyers, if ebay is not your thing, you can buy it directly from me by sending me a PM, and I will respond with a Paypal address! Truthfully I kind of of prefer doing it through the forum and Paypal, but whatever works for you! Thanks to everyone for their interest!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Placed the order for this Friday night/Saturday morning after midnight and received it on Monday.........that's awesome fast!!

Looks like a great quality item! I'm actually off tomorrow, so guess what one of my projects will be.........

Attachments

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Placed the order for this Friday night/Saturday morning after midnight and received it on Monday.........that's awesome fast!!

Looks like a great quality item! I'm actually off tomorrow, so guess what one of my projects will be.........
Cool! Glad u recieved it! Man, i tell you what, usps priority mail rocks! Install it, and ride the wheels off your bike!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Already installed..........what a difference!! Lots quieter, smoother......it's even easier to pedal!

Might want to add a little something to your instructions (for those that really read them...lol) is that it's advisable to remove the plate with engine info that is riveted on the cover of Skyhawk engines........makes your plate fit alot better. Just a quick grinding of the rivet heads fixed that.

Great purchase!

Attachments

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Did about 20 miles on it this morning......some of those miles were on fairly rough surfaces. Everything worked as designed!!

Attachments

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Did about 20 miles on it this morning......some of those miles were on fairly rough surfaces. Everything worked as designed!!
Glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing! I'm officially back a little early from the camping trip, thunderstorms rained us out!

Anyway, no having to wait until Thursday for tensioners to ship out, I'm shipping out a couple today. Thanks to everyone for their support!

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw

self-contained too, I was curious if the spring attached to the bike but no, attaches to itself beautifully, I'd love to have one and may take the plunge on friday, my tensioners are annoying at best...

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

self-contained too, I was curious if the spring attached to the bike but no, attaches to itself beautifully, I'd love to have one and may take the plunge on friday, my tensioners are annoying at best...
You should! Get one soon, they are selling quicker than I imagined. Once I sell my last nine there may be a one to two week delay before more are available. Thanks for your interest!

Good looking tensioner.
Thanks. I just took a look at your motor-bike racing facebook page; that looks like a lot of fun! Lots of amazing, innovative motorized bikes on your page!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Just an update.....unit is still doing great! Wished I could've put this on when I built the bike! Quietened down the bike so much that I'm now considering putting some sound insulation inside the engine covers ---- 2 stroke stealth mode!! :D

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Just an update.....unit is still doing great! Wished I could've put this on when I built the bike! Quietened down the bike so much that I'm now considering putting some sound insulation inside the engine covers ---- 2 stroke stealth mode!! :D
Glad to hear that! I highly recommend the sound insulation idea: I always line the inside of my engine covers with Dynamat material (you know, automotive sound dampening liner used for stereos, hot rods, etc.)

It transforms the covers from bells into sound killers! I fabricate full length exhausts using electrical conduit (which works incredibly well) and lightly stuff my muffler with stainless steel wool (think scrubbing pads in household cleaners aisle). The loudest noise coming from my bike now is piston slap inside the cylinder, which improves a lot as the engine comes up to operating temperature.

Last edited:

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Down to my last three tensioners! They sold in a hurry, but I will have more available on July 23rd. If you would like to get yours this week, now is the time to order! Thanks to everyone for their support!

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

I have one tensioner left until next Wednesday! I will offer it with FREE SHIPPING, and here is why.

-The chain roller/wheel is an oddball one that is flat black and not glossy like the others, has very minor surface defects, and has a few miles of use on it. Still a 100% functioning roller equipped with 100% new ABEC 5 quality-made bearings.

The brackets are 100% new and have never been installed, and include new mounting hardware and a new spring.

-The bolt I'm including for the wheel is 5mm (that's less than 1/4") longer than the bolt I normally include. Still 100% functional, and won't cause any clearance problems.

So, first one to claim it gets it for a flat $35! I will cover the shipping, which will be through USPS priority mail! A big thanks to the motor-bike community for their support!

Last edited:

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Still very happy with mine! You'll be amazed at how much quieter it is. dance1
Very glad you are getting lots of use out of yours!

I'm happy to say I shipped one out to a motor-bike enthusiast in England, who is building up a Derringer-style vintage bike. Very cool!

And to anyone who is looking to purchase one of these tensioners, I will have more available on ebay next wednesday! You can find it by searching for "MMB tensioner" or click on the link in my signature.

Thanks to everyone! .shft.

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

More engine-mounted, spring-loaded tensioners are now available! Something new is that I've added the option of including the required 4mm and 5mm allen wrenches (keys). Great for the motorbike owner who might not have metric allen wrenches, or just doesn't know where he/she put them! All you have to do is provide a 13mm or 1/2" wrench!

The two allen wrenches are a $1.50 option on eBay, but they are FREE if you buy the tensioner directly through the forum/Paypal! Just send me a PM, and I will respond back with a Paypal address.

Thanks for looking! For pictures, and a fuller description, please check out the ebay link in my signature below, or search for "MMB Tensioner" on Ebay!

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY

Yup, pretty nice. I installed mine (no problems at all but I did have to cut part of the fender to accomodate the skate board wheel). Works as advertised. Like a charm.

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Yup, pretty nice. I installed mine (no problems at all but I did have to cut part of the fender to accomodate the skate board wheel). Works as advertised. Like a charm.
That's my favorite cranbrook color scheme you have.

Your bike is set up very well to minimize chain slack too, which is very important when using a spring tensioner.
Good job Groove!

PS: Keep a close eye on those fenders dude. Stock huffy mounting WILL fail eventually.

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY

Thanks Maniac; I like that color scheme too. I'm actually very satisfied with the Cranbrook frame. But except for the pedals and fenders I've changed out everything else I think.

About the fenders... I've also heard that they'll fail and lodge themselves into the spokes at a very inopportune time. Those were actually going to be my next upgrade but I haven't really looked into that very much yet. Any recommendations??

Last edited: