Worksman project X

GoldenMotor.com

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Well i have not been around much to share my builds but I finally compiled a bunch of parts to start a project that I have been waiting to do for some time.
I will take some shots of where i am at tonight.

current build list----
China Girl motor
Worksman frame ( being stripped and sanded now )
Worksman alloy wheelset with 11 gauge spokes
Sportsman sprocket adapter
SBP expansion pipe
Heavy spring fork ( schwinn style )
Brown Felt quick bricks

To be continued..........

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Tired of sanding on the frame and still waiting for the quick bricks to arrive, Did a little mock up with a different wheelset just to see how it would stand. Overall I am "ok" with it but struggling with what bars to put on it. feel free to toss out some ideas. I am leaning towards clubman bars in an upright orientation.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Nice choice of components. Good and heavy duty. Can't be too safe these days. Great looking bike so far. Clubman bars are pretty cool. I prefer regular cruiser bars on this style of frame and fork combo, but that's the beauty of choosing different accessories, you can build it around the parts you choose and change the style of bike to suit yourself.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Tires came in! now to take it back down and finish the sanding. Frame and fork will remain bare metal and just be cleared.

on to the motor mounts..........

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
I have done it on a couple builds in the past and I just steel wool it first and clean it well then spray it. Havnt had any issues so far.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
What do you have for a tank ? if your frame is stock? I have an orphaned Taylar indian Styled Tank for sale that needs, bung,cap,fuel eye lit and mounts, in other words needs to be finished out if your interested P/M me

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
The clubman bars look great on bicycles I have a pair on the Roadmaster I am currently building out. They were spendie I was supprised at the cost but I had a pair on a 78 KZ 1000 Z1R and I just had to make a bike with clubman bars

black06gt

Mar 2, 2010
San Jose Ca
Do you know if a SUPER TITAN XC50S would fit on this frame ? I am starting my first build and would like to use the Worksman Industrial Newsboy frame. Thanks in advance

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Do you know if a SUPER TITAN XC50S would fit on this frame ? I am starting my first build and would like to use the Worksman Industrial Newsboy frame. Thanks in advance
The Worksman Newsboy is a handsome frame, but has little space for an in frame engine unless the frame is modified. A China girl can be squeezed to fit, but barely and when I did it I had to use an offset intake manifold. Can't say regarding the Super titan, but if it requires more room than a China girl, good luck.
SB

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Slow moving as i have just installed hardwood floors in the house for my wife and christmas coming up but gathering bits and parts. Hope to be wrenching on my vacation next week.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
That tank looks sweet! try'n to grasp the truss rod forks though, I'm sure the bike will soon take shape,Look'n Good!