Winter Project, Nirve Switchblade

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Wow 2Door I think you really succeeded most excellent in capturing the look of this ride! Good Job man!!(^)(^) That is a lot of work and great craftsmanship! What winter and cabin fever does to us lol. Is it finally getting warmer over there? Today is the first day I have enjoyed in a while where it was not a new last minute cold front or the kind of wind that could darn near knock me off my bike. At last a nice feel of a Indian summer!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks guys. I'm pleased with the results. What makes it really nice is that the bike rides so well. The engine is one of my oldies that always performed for me. It runs smooth and has a lot of power. The long wheelbase and the seating position also makes it a comfy ride.
However, from what little I've ridden it I already know it isn't going to be a very good trail bike. Sharp curves have to be taken slow but out on the roads where I can just sit back and relax it is a pleasure to ride.
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement during this build. It's always nice to hear and deeply appreciated.

I've toyed with the idea of building another one. I've been looking at lots of pictures of the 'Billy Bike' the one ridden by Dennis Hopper in the movie. In fact, the Switchblade more closely resembles that bike than the Captain America chopper. It didn't have near as much rake and the seat wouldn't be as much work. I'll need to let my bank account recover a bit before I even consider it, but............. :)

Tom

Attachments

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
[/QUOTE]
beautiful, great design friend, I love these bikes, and so with a montage of the highest quality, thanks so much for sharing your project
Jose Pinto