Which whizzer is it?

GoldenMotor.com

Suenron

Jun 3, 2013
Ohio
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help us figure out which Whizzer this is since it has been modified... Any advice is appreciated! I can also upload more pics as requested.
Thanks, Sue

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Wow, what happen? If the wheels are 24" then it's the Ambassador, whats left of it at least, I can barely see the motor can you post more pics?

Ray

Suenron

Jun 3, 2013
Ohio
Ok, I was having problems uploading more than one picture so you should be able to see them via the link below. The motor is missing the carb and exhaust. The welds on the modifications are gas welds, probably done in the 50's. rims are solid. We have a great fabricator to redo the tubing, but would it be worth it to do a restoration or piece it out for parts?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96983949@N03/sets/72157633933605081/

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Sue, are you SURE it's not a homemade copy of a Whizzer? Downtube weld doesn't look factory, looks botched.

No offense meant.

Suenron

Jun 3, 2013
Ohio
No offense taken, that's why I'm asking. I'm not sure which one you're referring to, all welds appear factory except where it has been cut and re welded. The seat post has been cut off and moved. I would be happy to take close ups of questionable areas and post them.
Thanks, Sue

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
The angle cut on the downtube does not look professional. That and the missing bottom portion of the seat tube. I'm not familiar with old Whizzers, so I might be wrong.

Close pics, please.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi Suenron, and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the pics of the Whizzer Ambassador.
The Ambassador is very similar to the Whizzer Sportsman, came out in 1949.
The sportsman has 20" wheels, the Ambassador 24". Both don't have pedals.
The Ambassador came out in 1951, and both Ambassador, Sportsman had the 300S or 600S motors, they came with a kick start. The motor you have is a 700 motor, if you look at the case down by the drain plug you'll see the number 7. someone has tried to remove or hide the motor serial number i think.
700 motors didn't come with the kick start.
Frame will need alot of work to bring it back to original, still doable.
Wheels are very nice because they have the big drum brakes.not the right seat either.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Whoever altered that frame must a been mad at it! I agree with Ray though, it could be brought back. There are plenty of guys with fabrication tools and skills here. You found what I was looking for!

Suenron

Jun 3, 2013
Ohio
Good luck Ray!
We are still trying to decide if we're going to keep it yet, we have several other projects going on right now. I thinks it's great and want to keep it. We've had some people interested in buying it though. My husband actually saved it from being shredded in a scrapyard, another 30 seconds and it would have been gone.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thank you,
I'm a firm believer, nothing happens by chance, and i'm glade you'll give it some time.
that's a great find and save you have their. i know it's in the right hands.

Ray

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
If you really wanna get that warm fuzzy feeling you can only get from giving....I'm here and ready!

Suenron

Jun 3, 2013
Ohio
No giving on this one, lol. But we've decided we have too many projects going already so it will go for the right offer or maybe just hang on the wall as is for decoration.