wheel wont spin

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
nope still no ignition
I think yer worried way too much about that F'n boot. Leave it off so you can see that the wire is REALLY connected to the plug. Did ya check the plug against the head? Last resort, Have a friend hold the bare wire while ya kick it over, Choose a friend that cant beat you up.LOL I'm A LOT closer than Denver bro, I was serious about the invite. I may even have a copper core laying around you could have. Not positive about the copper core but I am sure I have a plug wire that'll work. OR, you could just GET ONE OFF A JUNK CAR!!!!! It dont have to be copper core, Like 2door said. LOTS of guys use the regular wire and it works just fine. I was using regular auto wire untill last year when I finally read up on the subject. You cant really tell the difference between the two in performance unless yer building the engine to race. Just get a F'n wire on it bro, It aint rocket science,LOL

fatdaddyusflg

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
So, whatcha think Tom? You still following this? And captain, Do ya really trust yer readings seeing that you've never used a volt meter ohm before. I'm not saying that to put ya down or to hurt yer feelers bro.But if ya got any kind of connection to the CDI and clamped on the plug good And still no spark, My vote goes to a bad coil. Could be a CDI, but that is just so rare. Lets start from rhe start then. UNHOOK the kill switch completly, sometimes its a bad kill switch. then its blue to blue, black to black, get a decent connection on the screw part of the CDI, The best ya can anyway, then stick it to the spark plug. Pump the primer on the carb a few times and start the darned thing. if it wont start now its gotta be the coil or CDI.
fatdaddy.:-||

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
After he checked the coil with the volt ohm and replaced the spark plug with a NKG it started and ran fine.

From what I can tell each time he had it running and did something with either the carb or the fuel he could not get it restarted. May be just a continuance but we have to have some level of trust that the coil had the proper readings when tested and he was able to get it started after testing it.

One area of concern is even though the coil has started the motor he has not been able to see spark while have the plug out and grounding against the head. I have had the same problem myself and have even went to buying a spark tester for my shop. So we have to work on that to find out why and that is one of the steps we are working through.

I am working with him one step at a time to track down the problem through PMs. Also shipping him some spare parts I have on hand to isolate the problem easier. Just need to have some patience and not become frustrated. It is probably some silly thing that has been over looked but he will get it soon.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm a bit concerned with that intake manifold.The carb is at least setting level now but that piece of rubber hose has me worried. How good are the clamped connections and fit of the rubber over things?

Like Brown said, the engine started and ran then wouldn't start again. Wasn't there also an issue of "fast idle speed"? That's consistant with an air (vacuum) leak and the first place I'd look would be that intake arrangment.

Tom

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Sending him an offset manifold to solve that issue too.
I am committed to this effort.
Takes a community to keep to get a motorized bicycle started sometimes.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Sending him an offset manifold to solve that issue too.
I am committed to this effort.
Takes a community to keep to get a motorized bicycle started sometimes.
Good lookin out Bman, I was gonna send him a better plug wire if'n he wanted it. I'm assuming you already did that, being thats what we been talking about for the last thousand posts. If not, let me know and I'll try to get one to him, OR, he could just YANK ONE OFF A JUNKED CAR. 2door also has a good point. If that intake is leaking air it could make it harder to start. But usually air leaks mostly affect running and idle, not starting issues. You can get even a WEAK coil started once in a while. Yeah, I KNOW, there he goes AGAIN with the COIL CRAP. I said earlier that I would almost bet the farm that it's the coil, WELL, I think the farm is still mine. I still think all he's gotta do is get a decent plug wire and boot, stick a new coil on it and RIDE M.F. RIDE. BUT HEY , I've been wrong once or twice in my life. LIKE getting married, THAT was just SOOOO WRONG.(for me anyway.) The other time I was wrong was when I THOUGHT I was wrong, But I wasn't, So I was wrong in THINKING that I was wrong.LOL
fatdaddy.laff

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I bet if we were standing where the bike is it would be running in about 15 minutes but we will get there yet.
I'm thinkin more like 5 minutes.LOL. BUT You and I probably have a little more experience than the Captain. So it's not really anything against him that a couple years wont fix.
fatdaddy.usflg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If we can get this thing running, somebody needs to buy somebody a beer. Barring that we'll just pick a time and all open one at the same time. Maybe we'll have to all get on the 'Chat Box' together.

Tom

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
If we can get this thing running, somebody needs to buy somebody a beer. Barring that we'll just pick a time and all open one at the same time. Maybe we'll have to all get on the 'Chat Box' together.

Tom
Too late, Already got one, I got no worries, it'll be running soon..wee.
fatdaddy.

Jan 12, 2015
Merced, California
ok so heres how its going right now. i was able to put on browns offset manifold. it put my carb up way high high and i had to some funky stuff with the fuel line. also thanks to brown i had enough fuel line to get that happenin. i have no idea how that fuel line manages to do its thing but as soon as i openned the petcock it sucked its way right on through. i tried using browns higher quality spark plug wire but the ngk cap was just a little to big and i didnt get enough clearance with the top bar of the frame. so the next thing i tried was install browns magneto coil and then i got ignition on the first attempt. sor for now it looks like fatdaddy gets to keep the farm. however, it has worked on the occasion befroe and then died so im not gunna let my gaurd down again this time. as of right now it works. and ive got the idle adjusted right where i want it. anything else i should do?

Attachments