Wanted: Cruiser frame

GoldenMotor.com

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
Anyone got a cruiser frame they don't need? I have an aluminum mountain bike that I want to swap out the frame on so I can do more with it (currently too weird for a two stroke inframe). I just want a basic, good condition cruiser frame. Let me know if anyone's got any.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
9 out of the 10 frames I have were bought from Craigslist the recycler or pennysaver, i've seen some on ebay also. Dynos are great frames, my favorite.

Schwinns are great frames, Only the ones made in the USA. On the badge Chicago will proudly be displayed under the Schwinn name. there is also a large data base that the serial number can tell you the month and year the frame was built

my problem is I only buy don't sell. good luck

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
Craigslist has brought no results for cruisers over the past 5 months within 20 miles of my location. Pennysaver doesn't even have bicycles in my area within a 50 mile radius. And Recycler has nothing within 50 miles.

But thank you for the suggestions.

So back to the forum, does anyone have a cruiser frame (frame only) they want to sell or pass on?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
9 out of the 10 frames I have were bought from Craigslist the recycler or pennysaver, i've seen some on ebay also. Dynos are great frames, my favorite.

Schwinns are great frames, Only the ones made in the USA. On the badge Chicago will proudly be displayed under the Schwinn name. there is also a large data base that the serial number can tell you the month and year the frame was built

my problem is I only buy don't sell. good luck
I am in the same boat as Magrider...Craigslist...is my choice.

What is your budget for a frame? Check the rat rod bikes site too

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
It seems to me that the best option (other than finding a used one on CL) is to just buy a cheap Schwinn and get not only a decent frame for a four stroke, but also a bunch of spare parts for tinkering.

Anyone have any suggestions as to a sub $150 target or walmart bike for a 4-stroke?

Deimus

Dec 11, 2012
Knoxville, TN
You can look at Amazon.com to see what you find through there. You can find bikes priced with free shipping. Search "Mens bicycle 26 inch" as a start.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
you'll need some of the parts from the bike for the MB, so wait till you find the right bike.

Personally I wouldn't buy a walmart bike, and I would never go 40+ on it either.

there are other bikes that can be found on CL, Felt which Scotto built his 4 stroke racer, electra, Nirve, Phat are a few others.

I drove 90 miles one way to buy a Dyno for $130 so don't limit yourself to mileage. sometimes sellers will meet you halfway