GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
ok well i reversed the plate
chrome side facing in

seems like it got worse

the chain is now hitting the seat stay really badly
i put 5 washers in to try and fix it and it's thrown my whole bike off now ( and still hitting the frame.)
i think i am going to swap it back to how it was
i dont know what else to do

i dont think i will be able to leave the dish facing how it is
I'm curious to see what "really badly" is. You have MUCH more to worry about if your chain skips and snaps your drive sprocket, or sucks in between the driven sprocket and the spokes and kills your wheel than if you lose some paint off your seat stay.

Another thing you can do is shave down the rubber bracket 1/4- 2/3rds of the way to bring the sprocket in a bit to align it better and dodge the seat stay. Weren't you saying it hit both anyways no matter what side the tensioner is on? Just get a new tensioner and put one on top.

Last edited:

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I can tell you that the read pads are crap. I only use the front disk pretty much but I'm used to riding a sportbike also. I can spit on my rotors and here the sizzle after only 5 min. If you need any pics anywhere in my installment I will share. Since we have similar bikes and mines not having your issue. While stopped though you could wiggle my chain and it would touch side of wheel it's tighter while riding. I also had a probled that my rear motor mount on the drive chain side welly chain was hitting it enough to gauge the top of my chain. A grinder fixed that. Recently I've learn I need to vent my gas cap now.

no what I'm saying is the pads are $hit....

The clutch will totally stop the bike if you don't give the engine any power so that's not the problem

the bike is going 30ish mph and the brake pads cant stop the bike

they are getting worn down because the bike was designed bad i think

i was looking at the back rims and they actually have 2 holes on each side that i can tell are eating the brake pads

anyways more bad news

chain jumped off the engine again today and snapped another link
this time it tore a nice chunk of the engine away.

locked up the back tire because the jam between the front sprocket and case was so bad.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Here are some pictures of mine. I see my motor is lower than yours expecially the rear mount. I don't know if different engine kits has something to do with it. Sorry if comp crash :)

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
Ya my engine is the 66cc skyhawk i think?

Me & the original guy on this thread both had to make carb adapters because the carb wouldn't fit into the frame

I notice yours is bolted on properly
That tells me you have alot more clearance
and the engine is ALOT LOWER.

anyways would that be the smaller engine?
I dont know but i see your setup is looking a lot easier / less problems then mine

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The smaller displacement of some engines does not make the whole engine physically smaller, only the swept volume of the cylinder. They all share the same crankcase. Some do have a larger front mount, though it still is in the same place as the small mount engines. The Super Rat does have a larger magneto housing due to the whole magneto and CDI unit being inside the cases, but the mounts are still in the same place as the other engine models.
That said, the Z80BK should be the same size as the engine you currently have.

If you have access to a rough piece of sidewalk or concrete and patience, you can grind away on the engine end of the mounting block to shorten it. This will allow the engine to sit lower in the frame. Just be sure to grind it true and square so it will not attach crookedly to the engine and stress the mounting studs.
If you have access to a belt sander, you can do it faster and more accurately too.

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
i might have fixed the problem although my chain is still rubbing the frame

a patch of paint is gone. dont know what im going to do if it eats the metal also

anyways i put the rear sprocket backwars again and took off alot of the washers

went on a big ride today and didnt have any chain problems so i might have fixed it

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
That's good you can ride it now but if you haven't I'd suggest making that rear motor mount lower or bend that chain roller some.

Gablesleo

Jun 11, 2011
Miami, Fl
Hey there, Im happy to know that im not the first and only guy trying to put a Grubee 66cc on a Genesis two nine bike.

I will be reading through your blog constantly and am open for any tips you may have for me concerning the engine installation or any other parts of the process of motorizing this bike.

Ive bought this intake manafold, Offset Intake Manifold

I just want to .wee.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
If WalMart doesn't, then you can get one from any reputable bike shop.

I would strongly suggest getting double thick thorn resistant tubes and tire liners. You can Slime them as well if you choose (not preslimed tubes, but buy the bottle and put half in each tube).

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
wow looking nice and i see you are in Miami FL
i wish i lived there dang nice,

anyways i got my bike running perfectly

ask me if you need any help.

I didn't have to lower the motor like other people said to do

I'll post new pictures of the finished thing today

Just wait for me to get my camera and take them.

Edit: i've also burned through a whole gallon of gas so thats about 100 miles i've put on my engine so far.

had the chain break 2 times when i was getting the bugs worked out but its fine now.

Last edited:

alienboy366

Jun 23, 2011
OC, California
Alright, i just got into motor bicycling and i just go myself a 29'er diamondback overdrive. Now, i am concerned a 66/80cc engine and a SBP jack shaft kit will not fit because of clearance issues. I really wish that it would fit because this bike would be a blast with all of its bells and whistles. From the back of the seat tube and the closest part it comes into contact with the knubbies would be roughly no more than 1 3/8''. And the frame of the bike is an XL (22'') but becauase of the bend in the down tube, it makes the frame a lot smaller. please let me know if you think that it would fit a slant head 66cc? and an SBP jackshaft. heres some pictures and videos and also is the specs of the bike on diamondback's website. thanks and i will appreciate all the help as i extremely need it.
YouTube - ‪project bike? will it fit a motor and jackshaft kit?? i sure hope it does‬‏
stuff pictures by alienboy366 - Photobucket
Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive ’11
thanks,
nick

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
You bike does look like it might be hard to
Stuff a engine in there. But I really don't know though. Here are side by side pics of other 29ers and yours maybe you can
See the clearance issues.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
My personal peference is to buy a good shimano mtn bike. They are built to take it. I haven't had any problems. Sure with the tires you dont go as fast or smooth, but its saftey over speed. I'd rather have something that will hold up than go faster and break apart. o_O At 15+mph, if you go down on pavement, your gonna break bones. Walmart bikes are real light and are made of very cheap materials like cheap aluminum. They make them strong enough to hold someones weight for riding around town, jumping curbs. If you go down using a motor mounted on a wally world bike, your handlebars take must of the impact and usually bent to uselessness. The tires wont take much either. I have 18speed 24in roadmaster, and the rims warped just from jumpcurbs. Since the rims are bent, the breaks squeal cuz they constantly rub the wheel. If you do want to buy a wally world bike, buy a beach crusier. They seem to be your best bet. Even if they seem even lighter than a mtn or road bike.