• Retmachinist

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Venice Motor Bikes

Votes: 38 38.4%

• Total voters

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
yeah, thats why we have build off's, to push the envelope. i went into this wanting to do something different, try new styles and ideas. i think i achieved that with the art deco styling and the 3 speed jack shaft, it might not be for everyone but its new.
i wish we would have had more builders in this, i would of loved to see jims cafe concept in this build off.
choppers and lowriders are cool, but have been done before, this build off fell short because there were to few entered, we have 3 choppers and 1 different styled bike, 2 of the choppers are prety much off the shelf occ bikes with china kits.
i'm also not happy that briton stirred all this up and then droped out, i think any of our bikes would of beat him.
I remember when I was a little kid, and my Mommy would give us different toppings on our ice cream and we would yell at each other "My icecream is the best! no mine is!" hahahahahalaff

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
I remember when I was a little kid, and my Mommy would give us different toppings on our ice cream and we would yell at each other "My icecream is the best! no mine is!" hahahahahalaff
thats funny because it's true.
instead of slinging mud like a bad political campaign lets let the forum decide.

i'm camlifter and i approve this message.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
I voted a couple day's ago and i already put in my 2 cents about the entries,
I'm not gonna say who i voted for but......I am a SoCal/West coast guy..........

ballermj23

Dec 3, 2009
San Fernando Valley, California
Great bike Venice! i know some people don't get your type of bike cause its a CALI thing, you know!

i can just see your bike at the beach cruising.. people would be like What the F**k. LOL

great job to tall! nice bikes...

note to self, need to find me a friend with a welder. laff

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
man i hope my next bike gets more attention. this isnt your average slap together occ serious fab work there next builsd is gonna take 6mos to a yr gonna do a real nice srtetched trike lowrider with 2 bgf centifugal 80 ccers to a jackshaft with a nexus 3 spd hub look out thanks guys for all the fun

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
If these bikes were lined up in a store I would be willing to bet John's (Retmachinist) bike would have the "sold" tag hanging from it! It looks like the best all around quality and practability. That's my opinion.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This is a tough call because I admire all the bikes. I can deeply appreciate the fabrication skills necessary to achieve the results we all see here in each entry. So how do I choose?
I've gone back and examined all the bikes and the only way I could satisfy myself was to go with gut reaction...and Venice's rat rod grabbed me the minute I saw it. Yeah, it ain't no daily driver, would probably be uncomfortable as heck to ride for any length of time but what hot rod isn't a little cramped and rough riding? It just looks so cool... Good work, Norm and a great effort by all. Thanks to everyone who entered for sharing your skills with the members.
Tom

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
YOU ALL KNOW, WHO IS THE ONE!!! Just look at venice bike. It says it all, just the old school with some LAS LOS LA style! venice has mine for sure! the others look good too. so late

Last edited:

NYNEOMITE

Oct 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Well there is no doubt that my vote went to Venice, and that's not just cuz that's my hood. I wish you all could see it in person. The pictures absolutely don't do it justice!! It is amazing to see in person. When he is sitting on it it's perfectly parallel to the ground with less than two inches. Then to add to that, it's freakin fast! No chain tensioners, no tank, no non-sense. Sounds amazing too.

When this bike is at the beach everyone of all ages stops to take a look. I say before you cast a vote, look at the pages and progress of their builds. VMB's bike frame is really custom, and made perfect for an engine. If it's not your style picture how you would make the bike a little different (like swept back handlebars).

All the builds were great. I love some of the machining that was done and the fabrications. It is so cool that each bike is completely different.

A thing to note - Venice was completely called out for no reason for a biker build off by a chump that didn't even finish. Not only that but that guy tried to make it out like his $1200 frame was his own design. Venice built this bike on a budget, with budget tools, in a shared garage. Hats off to a great builder and a magnificent tuner.

And congrats to you all. Amazing work.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
There is alot of talented vision on building these biker build off bikes.
Camlifter bike is great and so are the other bikes. If I was to choose
a bike to buy it would be camlifters' bike because all it would be lacking
are front and rear saddle bags to bring out the style of a traveler bike.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I just sold the Build Off Bike this morning. :D
I want to thank everyone who voted for me, & congrats to all the other finishers.
I love building these bikes, & this has been great fun for me!
~Norm