vintage engine build

GoldenMotor.com

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
This has got to be one of the coolest builds I have ever see. I will be keeping a close eye on this one. Keep up the great work.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Whamo now that's what I needed two days ago thanks I saved that link and it needs to be added to the blue print thread. Tom
Tom, I added the link for this 1914 Indian Motorbike Frame by Hendee Manufacturing of Springfield, Massachusetts.

Added to original Pre World War I & Post World War I free patents thread.

Here's the link to the Original Patent Drawings of Vintage Pre & Post World War I thread!
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45681

C.H.

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Mr.B nice video thanks.

Crazy Horse your blue print thread is going to be a big help to the future builders great idea.

I did not start out to build a Indian but its sure is looking like one.
What do you guys think would look the best on this bike a round or square fuel tank ? Here are some more pictures of the bike . Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Either one will look good. What is your preference? Below is a 1916 Model K Indian with a nice looking flat sided tank. The source of these photos states that the bike was built in Toronto. I didn't know any were built there. Whatever, it is a nice looking bike.
SB

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bboard/showthread.php?18123-1916-Model-K

Ah, I see on the cardboard sign that the bike is from the Toronto distributor for Indian. Must have had special decals made up.
SB

Attachments

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I was just remembering a tank I saw here on the forum a year ago or so. It was in frame, had a flat top and bottom, but rounded sides. Looked very good and was different.
SB

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks for your input on the tank. I think I will build a round sided tank.

Silverbear thank for the pictures . I have never seen a two stroke external flywheel Indian before.

here is a picture of the engine setting in the frame.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
UUUUUHHWWEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You and DD need to going riding that is Sweeeeeeet!!Will there be a rise on the Handle bars?

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Truckd thanks after the seat is made and installed some adjustment will be made to the handle bars. They need something. This is the second set I have made for it. I will keep trying till I get it right.

Tom TG

Dec 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi guys,
When I started this project I saved a bunch of pictures off the net to use as a reference. One of the pictures that I saved was of a headlight on a Indian. Notice the mounting bracket on the light.

Now look at this picture of the headlight on a 1915 HD that I took at the Pawnee Ok Steam Engine Show

After I took the picture of the HD headlight I went to the swap meet area and found an old headlight with the same mounting bracket. It was quite rusty and tarnished. It cleaned up nicely. Here is a picture of it on the bike.