Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
-------------------------
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Annie, [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Those Spanish fellows made cute velocar with very well done details! Mechanical components are good too... Pity that we couldn't know how heavy it is? At first variant, it seems to me that they used some kind of light aluminium follies... I am not sure if the kept it later and just painted, or made new body of steel plates? It seems that they pedaled with easy? Of course, flames should help them to go faster![/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Ciao,[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Zoran
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]P.S.: Attached are some photos, random choosen...
[/FONT]

Attachments

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Last edited:

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Annie,[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]New versions (red and yellow) of Spanish velocar look better engineered, but not so cute as the first blue one.... I think that welding of coil-spring to front axle isn't good idea, but if they are satisfied...[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]I suppose that with strong chassis and complicated frame for body (even if it is aluminium) - velocar should be quit heavy? But, fellow could drive it easily, even with just himself pedaling, the same as kids – without help of hot-rod flames![/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]At the first model, it seems to me that they used ordinary MTB wheels? But, on another models wheels look something stronger, maybe heavy-duty bicycles wheels?[/FONT]
Zoran
[/FONT]

P.S.: just as I started to think about benefits of tandem seating with some solutions "
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]designed[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]" in my head - such "[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]sociable[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]" bench looks cute? [/FONT]

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
From Portugal, Motalli Invacar

Forvel, "Tricarro Especial Deficientes Fisicos".

Frvel Tricarro

Casal Motocarro, developed from a scooter based upon, but not copied from, a Zundapp design.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
The two bicycles joined together is a simple solution to making a low cost four wheeler. I was just picturing in my mind's eye the remnants of my Grumman canoe as cockpit in between with steering wheel and controls, sitting much lower of course. No way to make that legal in the states, unfortunately.
SB

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Is that a double acting oscillating steam engine?

It just goes to show that the idea of joining two bicycles together is not a new one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As many times until now, Ludwig found excellent photo of (possibly built?) ligth motorised vehicle!
Quite strange engine? Probably small steam-powered, but where should be boiller and chimny? Maybe worked on compressed air?

Interesting and simple construction - but why so high? As I had similar quadricycle, just to make similar body and add some engine... Those serious Swiss people around should go crazy when see me!

Phtos is great: the Father (designer and constructort, too?) looks quite serious, dedicated and full of confidence in his strange vehicle... The Mother is calm and belive in him... the Kids are something less enthusiastic?

When I see such old phtos, I always asked mysefl what is background, what was before anbd after cought moment, what happend to all of them later... What was destiny of the vehicle?
Ciao,
Zoran

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
"Phtos is great: the Father (designer and constructort, too?) looks quite serious, dedicated and full of confidence in his strange vehicle... The Mother is calm and belive in him... the Kids are something less enthusiastic?

When I see such old phtos, I always asked mysefl what is background, what was before anbd after cought moment, what happend to all of them later... What was destiny of the vehicle?" --Zoran

Yup! I know just what you mean. I often wonder pretty much the same thing.

In this case, I hope they didn't tip over. And that's kind of a joke, yes. But I suppose it was a real consideration for anyone riding that rig.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
"Photo is great: the Father (designer and constructort, too?) looks quite serious, dedicated and full of confidence in his strange vehicle... The Mother is calm and belive in him... the Kids are something less enthusiastic?

When I see such old phtos, I always asked mysefl what is background, what was before anbd after cought moment, what happend to all of them later... What was destiny of the vehicle?" --Zoran

Yup! I know just what you mean. I often wonder pretty much the same thing.

In this case, I hope they didn't tip over. And that's kind of a joke, yes. But I suppose it was a real consideration for anyone riding that rig.
----------------------------------------
... part of the historical mystery is solved! Strange moto-cycle (often used term for automobiles at the end of XIX cenutry in uSA) was Ames Motor Cycle ready for great Chicago race in 1895! Unfortunatelly, not ready enough - didn't start at all... For all other moto-cycles was said what was propulsion (gasoline or electric, steam wasn't mentioned), except for this one! Photo must be taken before the race, maybe in promotional purposes?
Zoran

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello,
Today I visited one "Brocken Hous" (second-hand shop), classy a little...
Beside a lot of nice old things, I couldn't belive - but I saw: Classic gentlman bicycle RALEIGH, with 3-speed rear-hub transmission Sturmey-Archer! It is in excelelnt condition, looking as not used at all, with classic leather BROOKS saddle! Price - around 1,000 $$$. Unfortunatelly, I do not have such money anymore, otherwise I would buy it and build cute side-car for my wife!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....
Zoran

Last edited: