using a different type of oil?

GoldenMotor.com

h0useofz

Aug 27, 2009
san diego
Has any one tryed to covert using a diffrent fuel such as corn oil or hemp oil? bio fule?
i would like to try something diffrent and burn cleaner.

h0useofz

Aug 27, 2009
san diego
Re: converting to a new fule?

i am not sure. but ford first car he made ran on a hemp fuel.. i was thinking since 2cycle engine
is oil and gas mix. i was wondering if you could do a mix with high grain alcohol/ and some kind of oil such as hemp,vegie,soy,cottensedd oil.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida

I would say yes but the engine would have to be set up right. The small made in China motors would be a good test motor. They are cheap and easy to take apart.

Figuring out the best mix would require a lot of testing.

Getting it to mix good in the first place might be hard. Converting the oil to biodiesel first will allow it to mix.

Reading the sparkplug tells alot and temp sensors don't cost alot.

http://motorbicycling.com/f30/how-read-your-spark-plug-9272.html#post89519

Go for it ! .shft.

Last edited:

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida

Right. Sold as e-85 at the pump, 85% alcohol with 15% gas in it so hopefully people won't try to drink it.

Castor oil is used for 2 stroke oil but I don't know about using hemp oil for lube in a 2 stroke.

Corn and hemp oil can be made into biodiesel and used as diesel fuel.

Last edited:

h0useofz

Aug 27, 2009
san diego

so my question is. is there away i can use corn oil or some other stuff other than 2 cycle oil?

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida

so my question is. is there away i can use corn oil or some other stuff other than 2 cycle oil?
Yes, but the best reason to use good 2 stroke oil is that your motor might last longer.

Any oil would be better than none I guess.

If you want to burn corn in your motor I would look at a 4 stroke burning ethanol e-85.

The oil in the fuel mixture is not needed to lube the motor.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario

dont forget , changing fuels also requires different jetting to get the proper air to fuel ratio for the fuel that you are using .
i hope you get it figured out . keep us updated

h0useofz

Aug 27, 2009
san diego

so i took the plung on my RAW motor that has 1500 miles on it. i found that vegtable oil/with olive oil
found out it will burn up too 450 degrees. i did a 20:1 mix using 91 fule. and have run 3 tanks so far with no hicups. smells like a french fryer mixied with gas going down the street. power seems the same. i just noticed that the oil leaking from the exhaust is a little thicker but not bad. i plan to take the carb apart soon and check it out. by the way everything is stock on the motor. I might add some SEAFOAM to my vegi/gas mix to see if the stickyness goes away. SO FAR SO GOODbrnot

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario

i,m going to guess that you are using new vegetable oil in your test . the real challenge is to use ( used vegetable oil ) . i vaguely remember a process in wich they add lyme or lye or borax to the used oil to clean out the oil . if memory serves me correct it also pulls out other undesireable qualities of the vegatable oil that make it better to use as a fuel . ( of coarse you don,t just add the stuff and run it in your tank . this is to seperate . not an additive )

if i can find the info . i,ll let you know

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro

evrey one seems to go in the direction of lower voility fule YYYYY? has aney one tried colman qwick start camp naptha? just added to your mix? thers got to be other stuff out ther that goes better they once sold 110 octane from the pump and evry petrole substance is fungible so wat abought way hi test?

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia

evrey one seems to go in the direction of lower voility fule YYYYY? has aney one tried colman qwick start camp naptha? just added to your mix? thers got to be other stuff out ther that goes better they once sold 110 octane from the pump and evry petrole substance is fungible so wat abought way hi test?
The higher the octane the slower the burn or bang, these fuels are generally run in higher compression engines around 10:1 and up. Our lil motor is 6ish:1 so it requires a fuel that will burn easier and faster.

colman qwick start camp naptha, dunno what that is.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

I'm still trying to figure out why you want to burn vegetable oil.
It's expensive, doesn't lube the engine very well AND you are still burning oil.

If you must, burn castor oil, at least your engine won't disintegrate.

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro

evrey time i putr the castor oil in i hafta drop the bole an kleen the fule out of it just to get it to run? it dosent seem to like to mix?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

You are using the wrong kind of castor, they make two types- one mixes with alcohol, one mixes with gasoline.