The Schwinn Riverside with 79cc predator

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan.
I Bought a flange once at orchard supply that was almost the right size to fit over the stock flange and had 3/4 pipe threads.
It's some we're in my garage, I look for it see if I can find it.

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
forget 29nr fork seams like that it is more work than its worth it

will install brake system i purchased from bb and husky wheel

i wonder if its ok to take out the extra two nuts that are bolted individually on each side of the hub and leave only the nut which holds bearings.

the husky wheel is to wide for the schwinn riversides front fork

Last edited:

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
the 2nd nuts are locknuts to prevent the cone nuts from loosening/tightening ;)
oh so i have to keep it on there?

originally i purchased it for my 29nr fork, but more i look at my bike more i like the way it is now with original fork.

i just took it off and it slides in bw fork dropouts perfectly, little tight but ok

now i have to take wheel back off and put it the way it was originally setup, i am afraid i don't know what i am doing

did anyone install this wheel on their bike forks without lock nuts? maybe i can remove it and just use the red lock tite

god dang it i am about to give up on this whole project, whatever i attempt to accomplish just does not work

husky rear wheel hub5 copy.jpg

Last edited:

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
is it ok if i remove the lock nut and use RED LOCK-TITE under bearing nut, did anyone face this sort of situation?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
is it ok if i remove the lock nut and use RED LOCK-TITE under bearing nut, did anyone face this sort of situation?
NO! USE the locknuts! They are there for a REASON!
Removing them will make your bearings impossible to adjust and keep tight. Your hub will self-destruct in short order. Why don't you simply spread the frame?

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
maniac57

i did spread the front fork little bit but it seamed like it was going to snap, so i stopped while i was ahead.

will hang the wheel and keep it there for the future ref... i'll just purchase the complete wheel with front disc brake hub

Last edited: