The Schwinn Riverside with 79cc predator

GoldenMotor.com

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
I agree with borntofli. If you plan on a horizontal mount, the chief is your best bet. A ruff would probably work too. A vertical mount would allow a smaller frame for it. Possibly easier for a chain line too, like what scott/ccc/sportcarpat setup. I love those setup but couldn't replicate what they done and got a chief hahaha.

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
spoke to lynn and that bike can take only 1" fork

got two more places to go to and hopefully one will have big frame

slika1.jpg

Last edited:

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
Hello

Does anyone know how to bolt disk brake on to sbp jack shaft mount, I just cant think of anything

Here is picture of disk, mount, brake

2014-07-24 21.58.40.jpg

2014-07-24 22.31.38.jpg

2014-07-24 22.34.31.jpg

I checked so many pictures on this forum its not even funny, and nothing.

Last edited:

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I have not heard of one person mounting the disc rotor to the sbp jackshaft. Several members have bolted the rotor to the AGK jackshaft on 4 stroke builds, but the AGK jackshaft is completely different. The jackshaft input sprocket on the AGK jackshaft is held in place with 3 bolts, the disc rotor bolts up to that. You have to get a bit creative with mounting the caliper. In your case, you're gonna have to get creative with the entire thing. You could order the jackshaft mini-hub from AGK, it will fit any 5/8 shaft, and use that is your input sprocket on the sbp j-shaft, that will allow you to mount the rotor, and then you will just need to get creative with mounting the caliper. Keep in mind, there is a serious gearing advantage with mounting the rotor on the jackshaft vs mounting it on a wheel, so the disc will grab much harder than normal. I briefly considered mounting a rotor to my agk j-shaft as an emergency brake, but then I decided to build my own wheels with front and rear drums.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Most likely you will need to make a bracket. Maybe out of angle iron then bolt it or weld it into position.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hello

Does anyone know how to bolt disk brake on to sbp jack shaft mount, I just cant think of anything

Here is picture of disk, mount, brake

View attachment 71537

View attachment 71538

View attachment 71539

I checked so many pictures on this forum its not even funny, and nothing.
I am curious as to why you would want any brake on a SBP 2-stroke jackshaft kit, the only purpose it could possibly serve is to stall the engine because all shifting back wheels freewheel.

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
O my god guys.
I came back from long ride and this 2014-07-26 18.50.07.jpg
I had thread lock and shim lock but wow!.

I just need to stop and go with money lost.

Take it from me, if you wish to build motorbike, avoid bolt on method, go with weld and weld nothing but weld on

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Picture is hard to see, but lemme guess.... frame cracked? by "bolt on method" you mean to drill a hole through the frame and stick a bolt in it?
If so, I am sorry to hear that! :( That method is a frame killer...

Clamp on or welded mount is the way to go.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
No, he lost his front mounting clamp. I had to shim my motor mounts as well, and the shim fell out once, although I never lost the mounting clamp, but the M6 bolts will strip the aluminum quite easy. I re-tapped 7/16 bolts in all my mounting holes. As for the shim, cut it longer than the mounting clamp so you can hose clamp the shim to the frame and it won't fall out again.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Ohhh! Ok, I see it now.
Sorry to hear that, BelayBoy. That could have been a very "eventful" ride
I ground my mounts to fit the frame as perfectly as I could. They virtually snap in place. A lil' loctite blue and so far, no loose bolts. *Knock on wood*
BTW, I clean and degrease the all the threads of anything I am using loctite on with brake cleaner first. I even modded a spray straw to squirt sideways to get into the threads and positively clean them instead of the cleaner hitting the back of the hole and reflecting back out and hoping it will rinse the threads. How you prep the fasteners can make a big difference with loctite.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I like a muffler clamp and plate for a front mount.
Get the right size clamp and it gives you nearly 360 degree clamping and a flat place for a plate to mount the engine.

I generally get SBP mount kits because they have the hardened bolts and lots of different spacers but you can make one with $1.50 muffler clamp, some good metal you can tool, and the hardware.

As for LockTite...
I find 90% or better isopropyl alcohol to be the ideal residue free cleaning solvent, it's what I used to clean hard disc platters, disc heads, and tape drive heads back in my old computer days.

Don't confuse this with standard 70% rubbing alcohol, that will leave a residue, it has to be at at least 90% to leave no residue, my current 91% 16oz $1 Kroger bottle will last over a year as it's usually a Q-tip or clean rag wipe for lock-tighting.

Hope that helps you get your bike running safe and strong.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Kc, I don't think you read the whole thread. Although he is using an sbp shift kit, this is a 4 stroke build. It's even in the title. Muffler clamp won't work on the agk predator mounting plate, unless you're mounting the cylinder upright and even then you'd have to drill extra holes in the agk mount to use muffler clamps.

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
the plate and mounts are the perfect fit for the Schwinn riverside 79cc hf, i guess it is just nature of the bolt-on items to fall off under extreme vibration.

i did go back with my car and tried to find the lost mount but no luck,

i don't even know where to get new mount for this plate, it's a bummer.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Kc, I don't think you read the whole thread. Although he is using an sbp shift kit, this is a 4 stroke build.
I know, I am familuar with the SBP 4-stroke kit.
This is not a SBP 4-stroke kit base.

That is an HS 4-stroke direct drive kit base with the funky big mounting ends.
This is an SBP base.

You can just pull that big piece of cast out of direct drive kit base and weld a flat plate to make a muffler clamp mount that don't come off.

How did you attach the back to the JS mount?