The most famous person you ever met

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Ok here is something to chew besides cashews from a bowl . Who have you actually been introduced to ,in your life ,that is in the famous or celebrity catagory of persons . Such as TV , Sports , Politics , Movies or whatever .1970 I had the pleasure to meet Bob Denver, a.k.a. Maynard G. Krebbs , and Gilligan .

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I met William Conrad (Cannon) when I worked at a truck stop in High School. I met Patrick Wayne (John Wayne's Son) and Johnny Crawford (Mark McCain from the "Rifleman") at a dinner theater. I met Glen Campbell and Louise Mandrel in Branson Mo. I actually shook hands and talked to each one of them. I have met and talked to T. Boone Pickens numerous times. Oh and I'm good friends with Norman.......................

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Wierd Al Yankovich ( one of the funniest people I have ever had the pleasure of chatting with)

Nikki Sixx

Sandra Bernhart

Micheal Shenker

Charles Shultz

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Captain Penny when I was 6.
Captain Penny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He also used to hold up a sign, that said "MOM" and say "This spells "mom" and when you turn her upside down, it says "WOW"...I don't think anyone really caught on....at least right away.

I met and briefly talked with Paul Tibbets (the man who flew the Enola Gay to drop the first A-Bomb).

Last edited:

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I have met Morgan Freeman,Paul Siamon,Bill Clinton,ZZ Top band,Richard Branson,BB King,Brooks and Dunn,Doug Kirshaw,Mandrel Sisters,Conway Twitty,Charlie Pride and the list goes on.Morgan Freeman ownes ground zero blues club in my town and it stays full of famous people.Google Clarksdale Ms.

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
My father in law. He's a Vietnam vet who lost his use of his right leg when he was shot while piloting a Cobra gunship. He just retired from the military since serving for a little over 35 years on active duty. He still serves by treating veterans returning from Iraq/Afganistan as a civilian physician.

Anyone who serves our country in war is famous and a hero to me.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I know ilikeabikea and my son who is going with a movie actress and her dad is a movie actor and yea I meet Mr. Pickens chatted about the football games told him they should give the player knives and guns the last man standing is the winner I don't think he liked that much I was trying to be funny.
I also know Ron Unrah he worked on the Memphis bell b-17 here in Pampa one time and almost meet Mr. Dick Cheney when he came to visit Mr. Pickens was going to ask him to take better aim at the next attorney.
Am I a sick boy?
Normanlaff

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
I've met Chuck Yeager around airports and at the UNI below where I live when he
started the Yeager scholorships. Met Billy Ray Cyrus thru a much younger musician friend
of mine who lived near his place. And I once met Larry Flynt of Hustler when I was in
Cincinnati. All these guys are rather local. (grew up within 100 miles of me) They come
thru here from time to time.

When I was traveling thru Georgia I swang by Plains so my Grandmother could meet Jimmy
Carter. It's a lovely part of Georgia there where he lives.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Geez, I was thinking about the "stars" I've met.
Met Gregg Allman at a Tucson pub one quiet afternoon, didn't know who he was as we sat alone at the empty bar and sipped beer and talked about blues chords. A local band showed up and that's when Allman got up and did an hour long impromptu show. A lot of Allman Brothers tunes. I was leaving as he was finishing his jam and he motioned for me to hang out. He wanted to tell me about the blues. The rest of the night we rode around Tucson, "shopping" . I thought he was kind of a loser as he got too drunk with his babysitting bodyguard driving the Caddy and us arguing about music!
The Ramones, so long ago I only remember that I did meet 3 of them in Tucson.
Mrs. Fields of Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies fame. She was hot, and her cookies were warm too. :D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Oh yeah!
I almost forgot about Earl Hindman. He played "Wilson", the kilroy-like neighbor on "Home Improvement".
He was my friend's uncle and had grown up in Tucson before going Hollywood.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey, I completely forgot about Kid Dave Miller, he's stand up comedian. He used to travel with and write for Tater Salad. I've taken him flying in my plane and given him a haircut. I've even worked on his computer...........................

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas- He judged a "Moot Court" competition when i was in law school. As i was in the finals and ultimately judged "best oralist" (insert own joke here), I was seated next to him at dinner afterward. He is very smart, but an all around nice guy and a real gearhead. At the time he had a Lingenfelter modified Corvette ZR-1.

President George H. W. Bush (41)- When I was a senior in high school, he was running for office ('88) and I was at a campaign event he attended.

Also, one of my clients was on "America's Most Wanted"...if that counts.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I'll match you Supreme Court Justice, with my Minnesota Supreme Court Justice and Viking, Alan Page, he was a friend of my moms, along with the rest of the rest of the "Purple People Eaters"

I used to drink with Kenny Stabler at a bar in Alameda but that don't count cause we were drunk at those times.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I went to school with William Shatner's daughter.

I have met quite a few astronauts and politicians. I have met some cool musicians and atheletes.

But none of them hold a candle to my family.

knucklepanshovel

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
mostly just race drivers more than I care to remember I work close to the race track in Martinsville VA & they came in shopping over the years I have worked there for 23 years. now I just want to get away from the area as 100,000 people try to get to the same place at the same time talk about traffic jams especially in a small area not equiped for that much traffic. I have only been off 1 race weekend in 23 years

I met Lou Ferrigno & got his autograph at a performance he did live when I was a kid.

one of my cousins either a second or third cousin he was on the pentagon protection force & is a motorcycle cop & has saved several presidents lives, there are incdents that never make the papers, I haven't spoke with him in about 2 years so, not sure if he is still working there. he would be one of the motorcycle cops you see leading the limos when the diginitaries or president is traveling, & he rides his motorcycle year round in the harshest weather & on vacation he rides his personal motorcycle on trips. he is one honorable american keeping the nation safe as well as our leaders.

Later,
Randy