The Looong..... Quick Build

GoldenMotor.com

Paul Land

Mar 30, 2022
I Got This Engine "K&S BIKE MACHINE" in 1983 from Coombs Liquidation "paper" catalog. I bought 2, one I lost in a flood this one stayed in a box till the box disintegrated and is N.O.S. missing some parts, but it works That's the long. Now that I'm 71, I modified my 1983 stump jumper with a suspension fork and added the K&S Bike Machine engine which I modified by removing condenser and points and adding a Solid State Ignition also modified exhaust by removing muffler and replacing it with Poulan Wild Thing Chainsaw exhaust baffle and spark arrester. It topped out at 31 MPH, before Mod, 27 MPH.
People ask me Why? and about the bike and I say. " I got the engine in 83 because I knew one day I Be old and would need it to ride" The real reason is $4.25 GAS. I get 15 Mi. per tank and tank is small.
IMG_0386.JPG

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You mean one of these, from popular mechanics magazine in the 50's, I have one and run it a while till I had carb issues, now going to get it going and will use a chain saw carb, make a manifold. I am 80 so don't hold back and keep fit.......Curt
1649939454215.png

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I Got This Engine "K&S BIKE MACHINE" in 1983 from Coombs Liquidation "paper" catalog. I bought 2, one I lost in a flood this one stayed in a box till the box disintegrated and is N.O.S. missing some parts, but it works That's the long. Now that I'm 71, I modified my 1983 stump jumper with a suspension fork and added the K&S Bike Machine engine which I modified by removing condenser and points and adding a Solid State Ignition also modified exhaust by removing muffler and replacing it with Poulan Wild Thing Chainsaw exhaust baffle and spark arrester. It topped out at 31 MPH, before Mod, 27 MPH.
People ask me Why? and about the bike and I say. " I got the engine in 83 because I knew one day I Be old and would need it to ride" The real reason is $4.25 GAS. I get 15 Mi. per tank and tank is small.
View attachment 109968
I'll be turning 60 very soon. I also have lower back issues. Consider getting an adjustable suspension seat post; your body will thank you for it.

Paul Land

Mar 30, 2022
You mean one of these, from popular mechanics magazine in the 50's, I have one and run it a while till I had carb issues, now going to get it going and will use a chain saw carb, make a manifold. I am 80 so don't hold back and keep fit.......Curt
View attachment 109973
Yes, C.O.M.B. I got there catalog one thing they sold was 80Kw locomotive surplus diesel generators for $3000.00.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry