the First Official Bairdco Raffle Begins!!!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
alright everybody, here we go...

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

I CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT PAYMENT ONLINE!

ACCORDING TO THEIR POLICY A RAFFLE IS A FORM OF GAMBLING, AND VIOLATES THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE!

TO ENTER, TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN PERSON OR BY MAIL.

TO PURCHASE BY MAIL, PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS. CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS ARE ACCEPTED.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECIEVED BY APRIL 10!

this is the bike: http://motorbicycling.com/f38/monark-firestone-cruiser-my-next-project-27635.html

i picked up the rest of the parts today, and i'm getting materials for the tank early next week, so it'll definitely be up and running soon. i'll be "unveiling" it at the April 3rd Long Beach Ride.

Here's the rules:

-Ticket cost is $22

the extra $2 is to help cover shipping in the USA only*.

for 50 bucks you can get 3 raffle tickets. for 100 bucks, you get 6. individual tickets still cost 22 bucks.

-Raffle will be held at the April 16th Death Race.

A Volunteer will be chosen to pick the ticket.

A Video of the Raffle will be posted on youtube.

Tickets will be available at the Death Race

-If I cannot make it to the race for some odd reason, the bike will be raffled off the following weekend in front of as many forum members as i can round up.

(most of these are measures to assure you all that there is no cheating, no bias, and everything is fair and square.)

-To enter, PM me for my address. i'll accept checks and money orders.

I will send you a confirmation number for each ticket after the money clears. this number will also be on your ticket.

please make sure you include your real name, as well as your forum name so i know who you are.

you can also enter at the Long Beach Ride, the Death Race, or if you see me riding down the street.

April 10th (due to the mail system) is the LAST DAY to enter online. I will be on my way to, or at the Death Race and unable to process anymore tickets.

I think that about covers it.

GOOD LUCK!

I'm hoping to have Bairdco Tshirts made soon, so there is a good possibility of more prizes and more winners. i'll post updates as soon as i know for sure.

*if you're outside the USA and want to enter, all shipping charges over $100 will have to be paid by you if you win. all custom charges, taxes, freight services, etc will be the winner's responsibility. PM me and we can work out the details.

Last edited:

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

I CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT PAYMENT ONLINE!

ACCORDING TO THEIR POLICY A RAFFLE IS A FORM OF GAMBLING, AND VIOLATES THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE!

TO ENTER, TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN PERSON OR BY MAIL.

TO PURCHASE BY MAIL, PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS. CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS ARE ACCEPTED.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECIEVED BY APRIL 10!

i hope this doesn't wreck this whole deal for everyone. i know i ain't too happy about it.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
yeah. i've already transfered them to my account. i just got a phone call and a warning about violating their terms of service.

not that big of a deal, but now it's just gonna be more of a hassle for everyone else.

if for some reason this totally wrecks my raffle, everyone's money will be returned, and i'll look like a total idiot for even thinking of trying to give someone a bike for 22 bucks...

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Its all good .If couldn't afford it I wouldn't have sent you the cash. Its not like 22 bucks will kill me or keep me from retiring, (Well wait a minute didn't i see some thread about cans around here?).What was the total number of tickets you needed to sell? Maybe if you get some folks from the other site, you can still make it work.... You will probably sell quit a few at the death race. Good luck on the rest of your raffle. Its to bad pay pal stepped in.:-||

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i'm hoping to clear a thousand bucks. that's the lowest i'd sell the bike for.

response has been pretty slow right now. i'm not gonna give up yet, though. i'll have the bike at the long beach ride in 2 weeks, and hopefully that will stir up some interest.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
You only need to do 50 tickets ,if it gets any advert.exposier that will happen,If I get the change before the deadline or all the tickets are sold ,I will be in(right now I am enjoying the fabu-loss economy

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i need to drum up some more interest in this here raffle, and since some online money laundering service has narrowed my options, here's the new deal;

for 50 bucks you can get 3 raffle tickets. for 100 bucks, you get 6. individual tickets still cost 22 bucks.

i'll accept checks, money orders, or blueberry fruit pies.:)

all previous entries will be accomodated so it's all fair and square.

Last edited:

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I don't send money in the mail so I guess I'm out which sucks because I was looking forward to riding it I felt like I will win this and now I will never know :(