So Cal Race on Oct. 22 at Grange

GoldenMotor.com

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
Hello,

I was just looking at pictures and it looks like a great time! I had a few questions about the race.

1 are spectators welcome? If so, can you bring your own personal bike and ride around the grounds?

2. Is there rides or races that are NOT super serious or competitive? I have more of a low rider style bike that would be fun to race but wouldn't want to get into anyone's way that takes it super serious.

3 Is it a friendly to people just getting into motorbicycling or is it more for the professional serious?

Thanks for your time

Blake

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
The race at Grange was a real blast. Serious and play racers alike had a great time. Watch some of the videos on youtube of the races and you will see what I mean. We had some of the fastest bikes to compete with, and get lapped by, and wouldn't have missed it for anything. The slower bikes still managed to get race fever and duke it out for whatever place they could finish. Some racers weren't racers at all, but just wanted to go around a track with their fellow forum members and show off the bikes. You can bet you will enjoy the racing and hanging out in the pits with all sorts of people that share a common hobby. Come on out to the next one and bring some family and friends.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Sounds awesome...I just wouldnt want to get in anyone's way if it's a super serious event. So do you purchase tickets or how does it work?
it's a super serious fun event if you don't have fun then what's the point you'll end up with a big smile and new friends

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
These races are too much fun and there are no professionals ...... this racing will not reach that level. Just a bunch of clowns on motorized bicycles really and not enough money or purse to get that serious about.

There is some good competition however and I believe entry level classes will start happening this year.

Spectators are always more than welcome but may have a small fee depending on the event. Come on down and bring the family!

dnut

Hello,

I was just looking at pictures and it looks like a great time! I had a few questions about the race.

1 are spectators welcome? If so, can you bring your own personal bike and ride around the grounds?

2. Is there rides or races that are NOT super serious or competitive? I have more of a low rider style bike that would be fun to race but wouldn't want to get into anyone's way that takes it super serious.

3 Is it a friendly to people just getting into motorbicycling or is it more for the professional serious?

Thanks for your time

Blake

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Hey Blake,

There's a competitive handful, but most just see it as a hobby. A few were radared at 21-24mph on the long straight. Those guys are happy and won't change a thing about their bikes. Others like to do a little whatever to run a bit faster.

There's a combined small motors class, <50cc 4stroke & <2K electric, and an assortment of larger 2stroke, 4stroke, electric motor classes.

It's more of a day long event where folks share rides and trade bike build techniques, some builders bring awesome show bikes they never race. Probably the least clickesh group I've ever met. Everybody wants to talk about their bikes.

Run as many laps as you want during early practice. Line up for a race if you want or skip it. Volunteer flaggers and scorekeepers are always needed.

April 7th is still 10 weeks away. Stay tuned to this forum for official annoucements in February. Questions will be answered.
zpt

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Is there a list of the different engine classes somewhere?
All entries must have functioning pedals.

1) eBike:

No real motorcycle tires allowed. Bicycle tires only.

2) 4 Stroke:
Robin Subaru 25cc and Honda GX 25 cc
Robin Subaru 35cc and Honda GX 35 cc
Honda 49 cc GXH and Huasheng 49 cc clone Titan 49.4 cc Super Titan 49.4 cc
Any other 4 strokes less than 50 cc

The <35 cc 4 strokes will be a 4 stroke subclass with their own winner.

No limits on motor modifications, Shifter kits are ok,

3) 2 Stroke:
48 cc to 66 cc aka 80 Chinese bicycle motors.

2 groups run because of large number of entries.

No limits on motor modifications, Shifter kits are ok,

4) >50cc Mid Range Class:
Harbor Freight 79 cc Greyhound
Harbor Freight 99 cc Predator
Honda GX 100
Honda GX 160
Whizzer 136cc
Pit Bike Cag 4+ hp 2 stroke
GP 460 47cc 4.5 hp 2 stroke
Briggs & Stratton 5 hp
Morini 5.8 hp 2 stroke

5) Gas Bikes <11 hp:
9 hp Morini
11 hp water cooled Morini
6.5 hp Harbor Freight 200 cc or similar.

The first 4 to 7 finishers from the above 5 Classes
will race against each other in The Ultimate Race.