sneak peak of acme V twin

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
still going to be awhile yet. have a machinist lined up, he has a few jobs to finish before he can start on the v twin. he'll have to work out all the machining steps, do the cnc program, make fixtures for all the steps. then we go to reliability testing.

the first one is going to cost a wagon full of money. once the process is worked out the cost will be set. trying to come in at $1000 for a running engine. price not set in stone yet but if all goes right it will be $1000.

kingstar

Oct 23, 2010
florida
china is far as coming up with no ideas,, ive dealt with those factories for years and it never gets any easier. if you want a new engine be prepared to buy atleast 10,000 pcs with cash , no escrow

Last edited by a moderator:

leadslinger

Feb 20, 2011
Las Vegas
If it is so hard to buy a new engine design from China, then go to India or back to Russia where they originally came from. The bicyles are wanting a newer and better design. Everyone builds super hot bikes, and we are stuck with that old design. My new build wants a V Twin.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I reckon a lot of folks don't understand how long the development process takes. They should be grateful this is not a "from scratch" development. At least a lot was already done and can be transferred over to the new design.

While I would love to see this v-twin now, I know it could take a while and I am patient.

kingstar

Oct 23, 2010
florida
theres a diffrence between big money buisness and local engineer hobby people, the 2 must come together to make a new engine.

"a new idea is nice, but when its all done the price might be more than twice. So the hobby guy ends up eating rice harkening on when times were nice. just me givin some advice "

basically pioneers get slaughtered and settlers prosper

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
I know this could take a long long time but there could be one problem with this design the cops will be all the more likely to pull this over than a small single cylinder they may pull you over for the size or to say its awesome and where can I get one, but I am super happy there may be a mini v-twin out there soon it will spice up the market i hope it comes out in less then 2 years but you cant rush this too much
can't wait :)

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I am begining to doubt that we will ever see this engine. However if it does come to be, sales should be brisk. If it does happen, board track builds will explode.

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
yea, maybe but we all need to be more confident and look for new solutions to these problems so we can get more on the market for motor bikes they have been a time in the making but if these come out and there good little motors the market will explode in old board track racers lets just hope they do

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Oops my bad, when i started my thread-
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/omg-33219.html#post321382
I didn't know anything about the Acme V twin 2 stroke, thanks to goatherder, I found this thread.
I just found that pic of it on another site I had no idea it belonged to one of our members.
I too would like to see the left side of this engine, the cylinders must be timed to fire opposite of each other to work right.
Also, id like to see the ignition set up.
FR

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Has anyone else been to the facebook motorbicycling site? There is someone else on there that at least appears to be somewhat close to having a chinagirl V-Twin. Looks pretty cool to say the least..... i said he should post his bike over here and hopefully he does