Reed valve assemply

GoldenMotor.com

DanielMaia

Jun 24, 2009
Portugal
Hi guys,

I searched the reed valve's, and encountered some results, and i wanted to know what is necessary to assembly a reed valve on these china girls..

I searched for reed valves on ebay, what do you think about this one?

I want a good and decent reed valve, price under 30, or 40$..

thank you guys

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You will have to cut, chop, grind, and weld to attach a reed valve to the cylinder.
These engines are not factory designed to have one.
You will have to re-engineer the cylinder and intake port on the cylinder for it to work.

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
Rich made one; he's got a photo of it, but so far he won't sell it to me - it's his prototype and he won't part with it.
I guess i'll have to wait, though it could be an eternally long wait.
Maybe someone else can have a go at making a viable reed valve intake system.

Fabian

Last edited:

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
Rich made one; he's got a photo of it, but so far he won't sell it to me - it's his prototype and he won't part with it.
I guess i'll have to wait, though it could be an eternally long wait.
Maybe someone else can have a go at making a viable reed valve intake system.

Fabian
dude has no welder, it was painted, probably to hide the jbweld

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
it isnt cheap, but you too can have a hybrid chinese motor, and be on your way to breaking spokes and speed limits

talltommy46

Aug 1, 2010
WA.State USA.
You can place a reed valve in the intake, it doesn't have to be part of the jug itself.. Any reed is better than none.. Example: I had a 74 elsinore 125 honda.. A Piston port motor from the factory, if any of you can remember those bikes, they were blazing fast super screamers..But installed a (GP kit), which consisted of a 4petal reed cage in an intake manifold (common terminology) between the carb and intake port.. It works, lol! Widened the power band and gave a little more on top to boot! REED, IS GOOD!

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
I say let's do it. My Honda Runaway (Urban Express Deluxe) moped has a reed valve case and I certainly like the feel of the throttle response and whatnot. I'm sure the idle is smoother as well compared to my other mopeds and- obviously- my Chinagirl. Let's see some reed valve intakes behind the carb people. I think some are kicking around out there.. Just on the bikes of secret squirrel bastiges who won't share their secret sauce with us mortals..