Pic Thread: Post pics of your bike or a bike you think is nice!

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Quite an interesting frame design you have there, KMI. Really nice work on the fuel tank end caps too.
The whole bike looks top notch, like something out of a 1930's Sears catalog. Well done!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Nice build there, beach cruiser. I bought the exact same bicycle for my daughter. I like the color scheme and the olde tyme styled chain guard. It gives the bike a sort of an antique look, although the rear gears and direct pull brakes give away the vintage. How well does the DAX race box perform? Are you going to install a chain tensioner on the left side chain? It looks awfully loose in the pictures.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have always likes the Felt builds. Very well done, Harold B!
I am really liking how the Monark forks and headlight came out.
The old style taillight is a very nice touch too.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks GearNut. I'm liking the handling much better with the linkage fork over the springer although it's a bit heavier. Won't be long and the snow will be flying here so maybe I'll take a crack at converting the top tube to a tank and re-wiring everything while it's apart. I just can't leave well enough alone.

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
So many NICE bikes. I want to get my bugs worked out so I can start to make it look the way I want. I just can spend money to make it look good until I finish making it work right! lol

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Puget Sound Convergence Zone
How well does the DAX race box perform? Are you going to install a chain tensioner on the left side chain? It looks awfully loose in the pictures.
Thanks GN...the chain tensioner is installed. It is a little loose, it's 8 mm chain & it really doesn't look that durable to me, but I guess that's what racing chains look & feel like. Had to find another gear box because the gb that came with the kit was trashed (broken shaft). Couldn't find a cost effective alternative so I went with Dax's set-up. The set-up performs well...it's alot quieter and almost 1/2 the size of the stock gb. I've gotten up to 33mph on the flats which is amazing to me weighing 224. You do have to peddle to get going though and it doesn't take hill climbing at all which in my case I need. I did a 25 mile ride and it was fun but the next day I was all stiff and hurting. How do you say ADVIL?
.wee.

Archdude

Jun 21, 2012
NYC
My two bikes -

GAS - 66cc Skyhawk kit on a "Thruster" fixie

ELECTRIC - 1500watt, 20amp LiPo @ 59volts on a Scott Sub40
Top speed is almost 40mph and it gets you there super quick

Reactions: wrench

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hows that Thruster working out for ya? always wanted to do one but more on a vintage scale, check out my thread (last page) Blood Thursty under board trackers and vintage bikes, this is what I'm gonna do. Check it out, tell me what you think?