Pic Thread: Post pics of your bike or a bike you think is nice!

GoldenMotor.com

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Yeah, I read that thread, and almost got my CNS Carb tuned up before I broke the collar clamp. I didn't think the Carb itself was all that bad, just be sure that you don't over-tighten that clamp!

RollinSolo

Aug 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
yea all those are talking about bogging down w/ no power...
mine has power and scoots but there is no throttle response and when the clutch is pulled the rpms go way up

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
yea all those are talking about bogging down w/ no power...
mine has power and scoots but there is no throttle response and when the clutch is pulled the rpms go way up
Vacuum leak! Very bad for a Two stroke engine too. You will burn it up...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I thought this was a fun photo. I had just installed a Puch head and wanted to see how the engine was heating up. Thermal camera in the foreground and bike running on a stand in back.
Thermal imagining doesn't mean much unless you have a scale that shows what colors correspond to what temperatures. Heated surfaces will always show different colors than cooler ones but that doesn't tell us what temp those areas are.

The top end of a cylinder will always be hotter than the rest of the engine. That's where the combustion is taking place. The exhaust will also be seen as hot. But, hot is a relative term unless you have a scale to compare with.

Tom

RollinSolo

Aug 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
New Image.JPG

all done and riding .wee.

had to get new rims and tires, NT carb works right out the box :)
used the cable from the choke that came w/ the CNS carb for my clutch, stock one was way too long.
The sprocket fit right over the brake housing just had to pop the grease cover off and alls i had to do was tighten the bolts.
16:1 mix ratio is making a mess of my rear rim and the inside of my crank sprocket. eager for the change to 32:1

Reactions: wrench

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You have a nice, clean build there, RollinSolo. It looks good.
32:1 will definitely reduce the oil spit; using a clean burning synthetic oil that can be mixed at 50:1 or higher will make it nearly non existent.