not GT5 not triple 40 not half breed ?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Does anyone know if there is a vendor who still has the for real PK80 geometry engines?

I have searched on here and didn't find where anyone else had ask this question so I wanted to put it out here.

I know the new comers to the hobby wont likely know what Im talking about, but I know there are others still here that do and Id like to know it these older style engines or at least the crankshafts for them are still available.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That's a tough one!
Your best bet is (if you know the exact specs you're looking for) is to ask the vendors before buying... (& even then, they might not be correct about what they really have).
I know that companies like Gasbike buy everything they can get their hands on... So it might help to ask them what they actually have in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: mapbike

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That's a tough one!
Your best bet is (if you know the exact specs you're looking for) is to ask the vendors before buying... (& even then, they might not be correct about what they really have).
I know that companies like Gasbike buy everything they can get their hands on... So it might help to ask them what they actually have in stock.

Yes sir, that might work, seems like so many now dont really know that there are at least that I know of four different engine geometry's out there.

I see vendors on ebay calling their engines "PK80" and then you go to their store and look at the parts they sell and they have nothing but high pin GT5, Zeda80 type pistons listed and cranks that have rods marked either FM80, ZAF80 or ZAE50 on them which is a good sign that most likely their engines are either GT5 or the Half Breed geometry engines.

Wish I could find a couple of the old Dax F80 engine cranks... those were the best quality over all I ever got my hands on.
40mm stroke crank with the 85mm rod for the low pin piston, the balance of these cranks is beat I've seen out of the box.

Thank you for the input sir and I'll keep digging and may ask some vendors if they actually know what they have...LOL

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry