New SCSW Tuned Pipes for sale!

GoldenMotor.com

Padanew

May 9, 2008
can it be made to run Under the bike as instead of over top of the engine? Or is that part of the tuned pipe manufactor?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
There's a reason why Dean went with this design. One reason is the pipe doesn't get dinged up or have a chance of getting crushed while off roading and another reason is its an easy installation for most frames. It's funny how some of you guys are scared of the pipe position even though it has a heat shield. I raced a bike (with a SCSW Pipe) this weekend in shorts in high 80's degree weather and my thigh was constantly rubbing agains the pipe & no burns.
If you want to realisticly increase your overall power. The best way is a tuned expansion chamber.
Before I sold one of my bikes, I installed a stock pipe and took it for one last spin. I noticed there was a significantly drop in power. Especially in the low to mid range.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
With just a stinger (straight 3-4" solid pipe), its pretty loud at least for me it is. I would say its louder than if you took your bottom piece off on your stock muffler. Plus, it has a higher pitch pop.

okc_car_dude

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City
So why can't we make one that goes under, in between the pedals? i guess this just has to bulge too big for that? there's no way around it?

IU understand this was probably the most multi-frame friendly design, but i just don't want this exhaust going in between my thighs, lol. i don't care how standable and clothing-friendly it is with the heat shield... i don't want any extra heat right there.. making me uncomfortable. :p

Also.. honestly... i just don't think it looks very nice that way. i want my pipe low, more like a real motorcycle.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Frankly it's tough to design a truly universal downpipe that will be under $80 or so. Our goal was under $50, but we had to bag that. Progress is slow, as with other pipe builders.....

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Well said Pablo. It's not like we didn't try to make one, it's just wouldn't fit every frame.
If you really want a pipe with an underneth expansion chamber, Andyinville sells one.
Good luck

supralance

Oct 19, 2008
65712 Missouri
Andyinville? Who is that? A member here? a Website? I too will insist on a pipe that passes below the engine (not to in any way lessen my appreciation of your contribution here, however). I realize that some fabrication on my part will be necessary to make it fit right, as every bike frame is different. But someone could possibly offer a 'some assembly required' kit with most of the pieces necessary? It's so hard to determine on Ebay etc. which expansion chambers would work well with these engines or what the various dimensions are etc. I would be willing to pay a little more to get most of what I need together in one kit. Any suggestions or chance you would offer something like that?

okc_car_dude

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City
Andyinville? Who is that? A member here? a Website? I too will insist on a pipe that passes below the engine (not to in any way lessen my appreciation of your contribution here, however). I realize that some fabrication on my part will be necessary to make it fit right, as every bike frame is different. But someone could possibly offer a 'some assembly required' kit with most of the pieces necessary? It's so hard to determine on Ebay etc. which expansion chambers would work well with these engines or what the various dimensions are etc. I would be willing to pay a little more to get most of what I need together in one kit. Any suggestions or chance you would offer something like that?
Exactly! That sounds great, to me, too! you could even sell it with multiple bends and stuff, for slightly different fitment. and an instructional guide that will let you know the best header length and stuff! Sounds great, to me! ^_^

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Got my SCSW Tuned Pipe on order!! Yee Hah!

Was talking with my neighbor who has worked on small 2 stroke motors for years (dirt bikes and ATV's) and he said that adding an expansion chamber and tuned pipe will make the motor come alive. Can't wait.....

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Received today. Looks really nice. Showed a friend of mine who is interested in getting into the bikes too. He is an ATV guy so thought the whole thing was very cool.

Thought the pipe was pretty slick too.

Can't wait to install!

Will update when installed.

Thanks to the guys at Pipeline for the speedy turnaround!

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
i think the cost of the pipe and your carb will be worth a real exilerating experience on my bike i can hardly wait to get it. i had a big 500cc quad but this is more fun. it remindes me of my honda 55 my dad bought me when i was 16 iam now 62. robin penticton british columbia

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
I took a quick run with my bike yesterday with the new pipe and boost bottle upgrades. What I can say is bike started easier. Felt much snappier and was quicker to get up to speed. Since I have not tested top speed all I can say is THERE IS a really nice performance improvement.

I am still however hampered by my carb which leaks gas from the inlet tubing brass fitting . I also find that I am having lots of trouble trying to get it to run/idle and trouble adjusting it. I have picked up a 50 CC Pocket bike carb which I plan to install next. I am hoping it will be an improvement over the current 'cheap' carb.

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
I just took a look at mine. It has a gasket on it. I first thought they were pressed on. New gasket? Nitrile O-ring?

If its loose on the carb it might have stripped a bit and released aluminum bits. Also you might have an air leak at the fitting.

Ted

Last edited:

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Mine leaks between the gas line (rubber hose) and the fitting. I have replaced the tube 3 times and even put a zap strap on the end but still no good.

After regading some of the posts regarding these carbs I just see it as a consant source of problems. I actually have 2 engine kits and have not used the carb from that kit yet. I might try swapping to that one first.

Trying to get the thing to idle has been a real chore. I definitely had air leaks at the manifold after the original build so I got some RTV and sealed up the manifold to carb and manifold to intake port. Still no luck.

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
I'm thinking I'll have to have one of these pipes. I actually like the routing of it. It'll have to wait untill after the new year though.:( Something to look forward to.

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
I don't think you will be disappointed with it. My bike engine really seemed to wake up after adding it. I also performed the recommended mod of cutting down the pipe on the baffle inside the muffler. Only problem I had with my muffler is that it does not fit well into the end of the pipe because the muffler's pipe is not round. I will either get a new one figure out a way to improve the seal.

I give this pipe a BIG Thumbs Up + 2 SNAPS

Sorry I couldnt help the reference

YouTube - Men on Film II