New in frame 4 stroke kit in development!

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Sleep is overrated.
Pablo,
As a card carrying member of the Flat Earth Society (FES) I can say with some authority that "flat is where it's at". Every afternoon impromptu secret meetings occur all over the world and people suddenly lie down to meditate and check their eyelids for possible leaks. I find being a member is deeply satisfying and every bit as beneficial as being part of this great forum. "Flatness is next to Godliness" is my personal motto and after a period of an hour or so of communing with the Great Mystery I feel refreshed, renewed and ready to wrench.
SB

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Maiden voyage yesterday! Freaken Awesome! Though 4th gear was overdrive, we had a bunch o' runs as a 3 spd w/ o/d. But it's a 7 spd.

So, today I down geared the chainring and it's even better. Was gettin' dark (no lights mounted yet) so I couldn't get it up to speed. Noticibly lower though!

Cheers!

P.S. Still a coupla loose ends but runnin really nice!

Attachments

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
It sounds like you've got yourself quite the motor machine and it must have been a rush riding it, knowing what you've accomplished. If I remember right it is getting an in frame tank which will set if off nicely. The smaller wheel threw me at first, but now I'm getting used to it and understand also that it is for a reason. It just changes the look and makes it different. Different is good, I think, keeping a bike special and one of a kind. I know the front fender gives the bike a kind of motocross look, but if it were mine I think I'd use a smaller fender closer to the wheel. But that's just me and is a minor thing. I'm partial to the old cruiser look. Also a kind of large teardrop light low on the front fork would fill that in visually and balance things out, making the smaller front wheel look more right to my eye. I really like it and am envious of how well it must perform. Wow.
SB

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Updates,

The 7 spd MegaRange's low gear is no match for the torque of the Lifan motor. I've waffled it 2 x now (1st time I thought it was chain jump). Going to go to a more standard 7 spd freewheel where the cogs are closer i.e. more supported by the hub.

The vintage drum on the rear is pitifully meager! I'm hoping it will get sign improvement when it's bedded in. The front disc is excellent.

Aside from those issues it is a dream to ride. Very smooth and quiet; I wasn't sure how noisy the transmission would be (it isn't and it has a nice wurring sound). The steering is nothing short awesome! It has a dampened feel at speed that is so stable.

Really happy w/ how it turned out

Cheers!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Now then, how do you think a Shimano or Sturmey 3-speed hub would work with your set-up? Seems to me this would be the ideal set-up and no more taco'd rear cogs.

Just some food for thought perhaps?

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
Tyre that is the 21/2 hp 80cc liffan correct I just picked one up for $50 used looks good runs well mounted on board Looks like it has a governor do you have to remove it internaly or can you just remove linkage. Figure Ill take it apart tommorow bolt pattern on PTO doesnt look like HF or HS but I bet you got some ideas planning on making another 3wheeler. Thanks Larry

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Oh! BTW,

Been on a bit of a hiatus and going on sabbatical! I.E. not going anywhere, but not retailin' stuff (website will no longer have a shopping cart)!

If your interested in what's going on FBC, or if you'd like something you've seen let me know, follow this thread, or visit the website periodically.

Email @

[email protected]

Cheers! Evan.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto,

Is anyone using the SA w/ any success? Also, I have a Shimano 7 spd?
Too be honest, IDK, but I'm sure people are using them...aren't they?

I have a Shimano 9-speed, big deal. You said you were only using 3 or 4 gears out of seven, did you not? Why would you need seven if your only using 3 or 4 gears??? Just wondering bro, no need to take offense. And I realize gear ratios are of utmost importance....I don't know the ratios of any 3-speed internal hubs (because I've NEVER used them)and that's why I ask.

I like your set-up alot and it's far better than anything I'm running right now from what I'm reading here...like I said..."food for thought", maybe I missed a post on your trials and errors with a 3-speed hub and your prototype tranny.

That said, I'd be more than happy with a reliable 2-speed gearbox/tranny with decent low and high ratios, as opposed to a 7 or 9-speed derailleur system. And if you really want to get creative, ditch the chain and build a driveshaft.....cheers!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Tyre that is the 21/2 hp 80cc liffan correct I just picked one up for $50 used looks good runs well mounted on board Looks like it has a governor do you have to remove it internaly or can you just remove linkage. Figure Ill take it apart tommorow bolt pattern on PTO doesnt look like HF or HS but I bet you got some ideas planning on making another 3wheeler. Thanks Larry
21/2 hp 97cc lifan motor. I just made my own linkage i.e disconected old , made new. No internal.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Too be honest, IDK, but I'm sure people are using them...aren't they?

I have a Shimano 9-speed, big deal. You said you were only using 3 or 4 gears out of seven, did you not? Why would you need seven if your only using 3 or 4 gears??? Just wondering bro, no need to take offense. And I realize gear ratios are of utmost importance....I don't know the ratios of any 3-speed internal hubs (because I've NEVER used them)and that's why I ask.

I like your set-up alot and it's far better than anything I'm running right now from what I'm reading here...like I said..."food for thought", maybe I missed a post on your trials and errors with a 3-speed hub and your prototype tranny.

That said, I'd be more than happy with a reliable 2-speed gearbox/tranny with decent low and high ratios, as opposed to a 7 or 9-speed derailleur system. And if you really want to get creative, ditch the chain and build a driveshaft.....cheers!
No offense at all!

Just curious, really. I get Sturmey stuff at wholesale but I've not been confident that they'd run under motor power. They do have a lot of options! Sturmey Archer

Cheers!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks man, that's what I like to hear....keep up the great work, you gots mad skills! I shall steer away from Sturmey if it won't take the punishment.laff

Cheers!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
TS, your going on sabbatical from hiatus? Lazy schmuck. Those turtles can't run them selves over.

Turtle hater