Need Enging Mount FELT Bike

GoldenMotor.com

doofedek

Mar 19, 2010
Va. Beach
also - the user in the other forum that had the slippage with the ridley mount had it on a Red Baron which I belive has the alum frame. Not sure why that would cause any issues above and beyond the steel fram??

Here is the post:

the ridley mount was ok... it did reduce vibrations significantly. the problem with the front ridley mount is that it is designed to be used in conjunction with the rear ridly mount. since i used the sick bikes jackshaft.... i couldnt use the rear ridly mount. this caused the engine to pitch left under heavy throttle or load. the engine always lined up center left which caused it to pull the chain slightly left... combine that with a hub that likes to pull forwards under heavy load and you get a frustrating condition that pulls the chain off under heavy acceleration.

long story short... if you want to run the chain directly to the back wheel, then the set of ridly mounts would be the best choice. if you want to run a sick bikes jackshaft and nuvinci hub combination, go with the sick bikes universal front mount.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Re: Felt Slater

Kevron - we're thinking along the same lines. I am also waiting for the Pirate peformance engines to come available. I don't have the Slater yet...I ordered it well over a month ago as it was on backorder. Question on the monarch forks you have on your luxe -- I am thinking about switching out the wheels on the Slater with 24" thick bricks...do you think the larger tire will work with the forks that are on the slater (they look to be the same as what you have on your luxe)? If not I may go with a 24" wheel in the back and the 26" wheel up front. I like the look of the larger tires and think it will help with the overall ride of the bike.
I have the Slater Abraham forks currently installed in my Luxe. The local Felt Dealer near me ordered it directly from Felt (he bike dealer is a friend of someone at Felt Management). Oh boy...what a fork!! It significantly change my ride and eliminates the vibrations that I used to have. You right the Thick brick tires will not fit the forks. I have my Slater in the Bike shop right now installing a Shimano Alpine 8 hub. Currently being prep for the shift kit.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
also - the user in the other forum that had the slippage with the ridley mount had it on a Red Baron which I belive has the alum frame. Not sure why that would cause any issues above and beyond the steel fram??

Here is the post:

the ridley mount was ok... it did reduce vibrations significantly. the problem with the front ridley mount is that it is designed to be used in conjunction with the rear ridly mount. since i used the sick bikes jackshaft.... i couldnt use the rear ridly mount. this caused the engine to pitch left under heavy throttle or load. the engine always lined up center left which caused it to pull the chain slightly left... combine that with a hub that likes to pull forwards under heavy load and you get a frustrating condition that pulls the chain off under heavy acceleration.

long story short... if you want to run the chain directly to the back wheel, then the set of ridly mounts would be the best choice. if you want to run a sick bikes jackshaft and nuvinci hub combination, go with the sick bikes universal front mount.
Nope...This does not happen to me.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I love those mounts, but.....oyyy they are expensive.

Nice bike..... That should be really solid to ride....