My New Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Just couldn't get the thing out of my head, so now it's in my garage.

2013 Triumph Bonneville T100. Happy-happy joy-joy - :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Well if you were fishing for envy, you've got mine.
I almost bought a dark green one last fall. It was a repo and the Triumph dealer just wanted it out of his showroom. I went back and looked at it twice then walked away.
Rats!

Beautiful bike, Mike. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm ashamed to admit I've always secretly wanted a Russian-built Ural with a sidecar.
They have a two wheel drive model with a driven sidecar wheel that is very cool.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm ashamed to admit I've always secretly wanted a Russian-built Ural with a sidecar.
They have a two wheel drive model with a driven sidecar wheel that is very cool.

There's one of those here in town ---- grayish green in color. Yep, it did surprise me when I saw the driveshaft to the sidecar......

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Why are you ashamed?

I've been riding motorcycles and minibikes long before I ever lashed a motor on a bicycle.

Is it because you getting afraid of falling over?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Why are you ashamed?

I've been riding motorcycles and minibikes long before I ever lashed a motor on a bicycle.

Is it because you getting afraid of falling over?

Both the Triumph & the Ural have extreme 'cool factors' in my opinion! A nice, standard bike is very appealing.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Dang that's nice. Those are very popular here in Dallas, I see them all the time. Everything I've heard about them is they're good bikes.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Today I rode up to a new fish house for lunch. A nice 70 mile ride.

Parked Bonnie out front of a jewelry store next to the resterant. A guy comes out. I am thinking he's nervous re the big guy in a black leather jacket who got off a black bike and lit up a smoke. Nah, he's jealous - "Wow that's an old one and you did a great job restoring it" Nope I say, it's brand new, I just bought it, it's a 2013. "Really, yeah I heard Triumph got reserrected, that's great, it looks just like the old ones"

We chatted and he had a 350 Honda when he was a kid. He stuck the front wheel in between the gap of the rail and the road at a bad angled RR crossing and down he went. Hadn't been on a bike since. He was droolin'.

Maybe I'll meet the nicest people on my Triumph - :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Bonnie is a great bike. Its lighter, faster and has a larger fuel tank than similarly priced cruisers. On my bucket list.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
In the UK, Urals can be fitted with a deeper sump and higher final drive ratio as well as all the other bits you can get. If you feel the need for a sidevalve though, you probably need to go to Chang Jiang for a brand new 1937 bike.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
This bike gets lots of attention. Mostly from older guys (complete strangers) who just come up and start talking right there in the parking lot.

Stopped by Radio Shack last week to get some small parts. It was staffed by 2 women early 20's. I am searching the bins and I hear

"Narley bike"

Thanks.

"Is that a Harley"

Nah, it's a narley

laughter

"How fast does it go"

Faster than I'll ever know

"That's good, you don't want to wreck your bike"

Gotta love youth. Protect the property, no regard for the body, you're gonna live forever.

The Triumph Bonneville. A true classic. Draws attention from grey haired retirees all the way to 20 somethings that think it's "narley"

Gotta love it - :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If I break down and buy one I'm going to tell my wife who's at fault. Just a heads up. She is a nice person but she can be...well, hard to deal with at times.

"Honey, I'm sorry but, Mike made me do it. I realy didn't have a choice."

Her name is Char. She might be contacting you someday soon.
Man, I'm kicking myself for passing up that green one last summer.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Give yourself an extra kick for me - :)

Yeah, you screwed yourself. When I got the lust bad, I started looking for used ones.

There ain't any. The bike is so good that people ain't selling 'em.

Harley's up the yazoo, zero Triumphs.

Send her over baby, I'll explain the lust. Prime her up with this cool coffee table book.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If I could sell the hot rod tomorrow and get even a portion of what I have in it, I'd be waiting at the Triumph dealer when they opened the door. That's a fact. The car sits in the garage most of the year, collecting dust and me paying for insurance and tags and I never drive or show it anymore. Such a waste but no one wants to pay that kind of money. If I could get 35K tomorrow, it would be gone and there'd be a new Bonny taking its place in the garage. Guaranteed.
You have a beautiful bike, Mike. Maybe someday.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Lower the price. Cut it in half.

Then you'll have a new Bonneville and 5 grand in your pocket.

And more space in your garage - :)