My first race bike build!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Looks like Venice made those mounts, That's the way I'd go.
For alloy billet mounts, you want to look for the ones they use to mount things on Buggies.
But for that engine, I like what Venice has done.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah, I like those Venice mounts, very well built and they won't mess up your frame... can't go wrong going that way. Theon is right about the billet mounts and getting the buggie mount brackets, billet mounts do look cool, but the Venice mounts are probably the easiest way to go, and they look great too.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Now that my motor will be mounted like this how much more oil will i need to add? And will my carb work properly in its now new position?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
When the engine is mounted in any position other than it was built for, you will need to experiment with the oil level a bit, or you can ask Venice as he does have a few mounted in this position (some of his have the cylinder completely vertical). For the carb, it does need to be level to work properly so you'll need to custom fab an intake manifold or be able to rotate it so the float bowl is level. There is an alternative tho where you can run a floatless carb like a Tillotson or Walbro, but again, a custom intake may be in order just to bolt one up.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
That's why your better off building the mounts your self, but that looks as if it will work.
Sorry but I have no experience with these motors mounted vertical, But I see quite a few here have done it and I have been thinking about it, have to finish what I've started first.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Looks like to me he had a staight manifold and cut it in half one side to the block other to the end of his hose. Maybe?