Motorized GAS ENGINE booster?? what is this??

GoldenMotor.com

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
This is soldby boygofast on ebay its stated as a "49cc 80cc 2-stroke bicycle Motorized GAS ENGINE booster" but other then that and a pic there is no further imformation. does anybody know about this and what it does?? its kinda wierd looking and come to think of it it kinda looks like a turbo boost controler or somthing lol but i was just wanting to know if anybody knew moer about it

Attachments

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Its a boost bottle. Some say it helps some say it doesn't. Basically what it does is on the back pressure stroke the unused fuel/air mixture goes in the container. Then when the motor sucks in gas it also sucks in what is in that container, mixing it in with the gas/air mixture. It gives you a little extra boost. Or at least it is supposed to. Myself...I don't know one way or the other.

Terry

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Could be, but I don't think so. I make my own and can tell a difference with and without one.
So wait, you can actually tell the difference? Is there an actual improvement? I've heard so many negative things about boost bottles that I've shy'd away from them.

I'd definitely be willing to try if I made one from PVC like you did.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
So wait, you can actually tell the difference? Is there an actual improvement? I've heard so many negative things about boost bottles that I've shy'd away from them.

I'd definitely be willing to try if I made one from PVC like you did.
First I match (exactly) cc cylinder to cc bottle.

The boost bottle makes the most (as I have observed) difference at the low end. I got by engine to run as perfectly as I could. Then I installed the bottle. I had to idle the engine down, and noticed a better low end, no noticeable difference at the top. Although I only ride at about 20mph or less, very seldom have it at full throttle except climbing hills. ..Cheap to make...how can you go wrong?

Here is where I like to ride...\
Alabama State Parks

Oak Mountain State Park site range from 1301 feet at Shackleford Point to 400 feet where Dry Brook exits the park along the northwestern park ...

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Very interesting! I guess I'll have to look more into making a boost bottle. I've heard that they do nothing but perhaps when they're made properly they'll improve low-end performance.

oakland_jesus

Mar 2, 2014
oaklan, ca
Installed a single booster bottle kit and now it's drowning in fuel, i think. I have to continuously fiddle with the choke as i ride. What can i do?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
If you're having to play with the choke to run it then it's not drowning in fuel, just the opposite. You are running too lean from an air leak. Check all joints in the intake system including the boost plumbing. Spray wd40 or carb cleaner on each joint while engine is running. If you get a different effect when you spray a joint, that one is leaking air.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
yea mabey but it dosnt really look like one of thoughs much ether:confused:
Its not a boost bottle and its not a NOS rig, I have looked at it several times myself and it looks to me like it may be a valve on the one end that could be slightly opened to allow more air flow in from outside of carb, by doing this one could lean the air fuel mix and eliminate most of the four stroking that these engine do when carb is run with the stock size main jet which is to big and causes the engines to run way rich normally, I may not be correct in my thoughts on this being a valve that will allow you to let more air into the mix, but that is what it looks like to me and if so would actually work as long as to much air wasn't allowed in causing a serious lean condition and as long as the air coming through it was filtered.

Those are my thoughts on the set up and it would do as advertised and "Boost" air intake by allowing more air into fuel mix, if not done right it would be a great way to cook an engine with a major lean run condition.... but like I said I'm not sure that is what the contraption is but it sure looks like thats what it may be.

It may not actually be adjustable but possible preset to just allow a slight air leak to give the "Boosted" power impression which is actually real when the mix is leaned just a tad, the correct fix for this condition would be to rejet the carb and not let in extra air from outside the carb unless you know for sure what your doing and did some testing to make sure you didn't create a serious lean run condition.

Map
.wee.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Its not a boost bottle and its not a NOS rig, I have looked at it several times myself and it looks to me like it may be a valve on the one end that could be slightly opened to allow more air flow in from outside of carb, by doing this one could lean the air fuel mix and eliminate most of the four stroking that these engine do when carb is run with the stock size main jet which is to big and causes the engines to run way rich normally, I may not be correct in my thoughts on this being a valve that will allow you to let more air into the mix, but that is what it looks like to me and if so would actually work as long as to much air wasn't allowed in causing a serious lean condition and as long as the air coming through it was filtered.

Those are my thoughts on the set up and it would do as advertised and "Boost" air intake by allowing more air into fuel mix, if not done right it would be a great way to cook an engine with a major lean run condition.... but like I said I'm not sure that is what the contraption is but it sure looks like thats what it may be.

It may not actually be adjustable but possible preset to just allow a slight air leak to give the "Boosted" power impression which is actually real when the mix is leaned just a tad, the correct fix for this condition would be to rejet the carb and not let in extra air from outside the carb unless you know for sure what your doing and did some testing to make sure you didn't create a serious lean run condition.

Map
.wee.
I'm having a hard time figuring this thing out too. I can't tell if the end is a filter or a knob. If it a filter, perhaps there is a diaphragm in the box to let air in at a predesignated ratio to vacuum. If its a knob, maybe you can control the "extra" air for yourself. It's a mysterious device at least. looks dangerous in the wrong wands.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm having a hard time figuring this thing out too. I can't tell if the end is a filter or a knob. If it a filter, perhaps there is a diaphragm in the box to let air in at a predesignated ratio to vacuum. If its a knob, maybe you can control the "extra" air for yourself. It's a mysterious device at least. looks dangerous in the wrong wands.
My thoughts exactly, it does look like a small filter on the one end, ihad not thought about there being a diaphram possibly, if so I dont see how it would work one a 2 stdoke like this which actually has a lot of blow back through the carb and intake, im gonna lean more toward aset orffice size that allows a little extra air into intake to lean mixture or a manual valve that can be used to adjust for allowing some extra air into the intake,

Some like this can be easily made if someone has a few tools, but if someone wasn't real careful they could sure over lean an engines mixture and cook it......

Map

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
My thoughts exactly, it does look like a small filter on the one end, ihad not thought about there being a diaphram possibly, if so I dont see how it would work one a 2 stdoke like this which actually has a lot of blow back through the carb and intake, im gonna lean more toward aset orffice size that allows a little extra air into intake to lean mixture or a manual valve that can be used to adjust for allowing some extra air into the intake,

Some like this can be easily made if someone has a few tools, but if someone wasn't real careful they could sure over lean an engines mixture and cook it......

Map
I just don't get why they would use such a big piece of plastic to stick an orifice in, other than adding to the magic. I guess a tiny drill bit and a marker wouldn't sell so well. Maybe we can market a fresh air boost jet for the intake. Even better, run the line to the handlebars, take finger off hose for turbo button. .duh.

If this does what we believe it does, I'm confused at the ethics of bgf selling a product like this.