Motor Bikes Gurus! Lots of questions here!

GoldenMotor.com

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Oh this is great! You both crazy ba--ar-s. We all know how this is gonna turn out. Please do video just before you think it fail. Love to see some smoke and Fire!!! Go for it !!!brnot as we say in TV Stay Tuned!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Oh this is great! You both crazy ba--ar-s. We all know how this is gonna turn out. Please do video just before you think it fail. Love to see some smoke and Fire!!! Go for it !!!brnot as we say in TV Stay Tuned!
lol......... yee haw........!!!!

This is how you know a redneck country boy is fixing to get hurt.... He hollers out real loud

"Hey....!!!! y'all watch this"

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
But I thought there was something about, "here, hold my beer" in addition.

Tom
If ya cant do it without spillin yer beer,then it aint worth doin. So it goes somthin like this, Hey ya'all, Pass me a beer and WATCH THIS.
fatdaddy.usflg
I aint no okie, but I was raised by one.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I just met with Johnny (the customer) today & totally rebuilt his entire bike for him.

This was totally my fault, I screwed up & totally forgot return his texts for over a week :(

*edit*... This is also the first time I've seen this thread, (because he told me today that he posted it here). :(

Last edited:

VTECturbo-Bike89

Mar 9, 2015
Santa Clarita CA
UPDATE, I ended up getting a hold of Norm from VMB, He was extreamly busy and understandable was not able to get back to me in a decent time, But his reputation proceeded him and he ended up taking real good care of my bike, Replaced a few items, Fabricated my new calipers on, and over-all helped me finish the assembly of the bike. I did not know him at all as when I met him it was just a quick sale and then the unfortunate 2-3 weeks of not getting back to me, And he DIDNT have to, but he offered and did the work on my bike even tho obviously he owed me nothing. So to skip a long romantic story, I vouch and back Venice Motor Bikes FULLY and HIGHLY recommend him! Because when push came to shove Norm took care of his customer and he's been nothing but helpful since! SO to whomever saw these posts I made about VMB I FULLY retract them and actually even feel like an ass for not waiting to see how it's going to play out when they/he finally got back to me. The past week I have spent running around buying parts, I ended up buying a bunch of parts from "professionals" and 40% of the **** I
Bought doesn't even fit... Smh.. I can freely say as far as LA area is concerned VMB is more then likely the best shop to go to for anything! I will post pics later of the SUPER IMPRESSIVE FABRICATION that Norm made on the bike, I am extreamlu happy! thank you Norm!!! VMB. FTW!!!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Glad to see you and Norm are on good terms again... hopefully now you can see what that extra money for the kit really got you.... not only an excellent product but also that "above and beyond" type of excellent service you just wont get from ebay or amazon...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Repay Norm, and save yourself the headaches, buy spending your gas-bike dollars in his shop!

Glad everything worked out for you, I'm looking forward to the pics.
I gotta agree there too... gasbike has some tempting stuff but all of it is copied from what vendors in here and other forums have spent lots of time developing and building and even tho the price looks really good I just cant buy from them knowing how they operate... and if you got issues with them... they could care less.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey fatdaddy, just to let you know I switched one of my bikes over to 25:1 mix of 40wt Non Detergent oil, had to enlarge the jet size in the RT carb by two sizes, road it a tad over 20 miles today got the plug color reading a light brown, the engine im running this mix in is the half breed engine I put on the old Western Flyer bike a while back, engine runs good as long as the revs are kept down, not a very good balanced engine, but smooth up th 30-31mph.

Running just as good as it was on the 100:1 Opti2 as far as power and top speed, no noticeable differences, very little exhaust smoke after it warms up, was actually hoping for more smoke....lol

Ill keep riding it and probably start reporting my results in a more proper area since Im just highjacking here with even this post actually.

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
gasbike has some tempting stuff but
Dave, I had to Google that. I think I've seen that site now that I think about it.
I was referring to his M.A.B. dollars, I just use the term Gas-Bike. Looks like I'll have to change that up...

Map- I'm following along with this insanity!
Actually, I'm convinced you'll have little or no trouble. I've seen chainsaws run on used stuff: same- same.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Map- I'm following along with this insanity!
Actually, I'm convinced you'll have little or no trouble. I've seen chainsaws run on used stuff: same- same.
Oh yeah, Im just doing it for something extra to do, I've run non 2 smoker oil many times mixed even at 32:1 in chainsaws and weed whackers without a single problem, this 25:1 mix with 40wt non-detergent oil is burning so clean Im having a hard time believing it, literally doesn't have hardly any more exhaust smoke than my 100:1 Opti2 mix that I have run in this engine from day one and run in all my others also, Im scratching my head a bit on that part and wondering why Im not getting a good smoke screen at 25:1 just running this cheap 40wt non detergent.

I may have to switch it to 16:1 just to get the smoke Im looking for.....lol!

Im just gonna have fun with it for a while and after a hundred or so miles Im gonna pull the head off to see what piston and jug look like.

So yeah.... stay tuned....... the insanity continues.....woo ha ha ha ha........!

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Hahaha... I remember growing up we used to just grab whatever oil we had in the garage and mix up a batch of 20:1 and throw it into our dirtbikes... Mostly 10W30 non synthetic and it was just enough to leave that nice blue/grey smoke trail.. not really a thick smokescreen but just enough to linger a second or 2 after someone would ride by.
Back then we were never picky about what oil we mixed in with our gas... especially when it meant the difference between riding and not riding that day, and the only one I saw mess up his engine was one kid with a really sweet KX80 who ran out of gas and didn't have enough to buy the oil with him so he pumped in $1 worth of gas and headed home... The bike didn't completely seize up but it did scratch the inside of the cylinder good enough to lose compression. The kid's parents took the bike to the shop and had it bored out, new piston and rings, AND a new DG head and pipe installed so I kinda had my suspicions that the kid ran it with straight gas on purpose because he knew boring it out was the cheapest fix... lol. That bike Ripped when he got it back and broke it in again tho...