Motor Bikes Gurus! Lots of questions here!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks map, Thats exactly what I thought, Just wasn't fer sure. So you think I should run a little heavy if I try it at all? I've always said Too much oil wont hurt yer engine, ONLY too little oil. And yeah, I'll bet it'll smoke a bit.LOL
Like I said, I'm no Guru, Just yer simple everyday superhero.TA,da da daaah.
fatdaddy.usflg
Im gonna say the big majority of these engines that are being run on delivery bikes and run abouts in china are using used motor oil or whatever they can get get for free or cheap.

I wouldnt be afraid to run it in a stock engine that wasnt gonna be run all out for long distances, since Ive seen it actually work in engines Ive had or have, Im sute someone will chime in here and try to rip the entire idea to shreds and assume Im recommending it when Im NOT.....lol

I would not be afraid to run it @ 20:1 or maybe 25:1 in a somewhat stock china girl that had the carb tuned right, Ive actually thought about tuning one of my bikes for it just for fun and for the awesome smoke trail and do a done into two pipes out the back of a bike to keep the smoke and sound behind me.....lol!

Big deal if you kill a jug and piston.... 40 bones and you're back in business basically right....?

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Thats what I heard, That in China and Russia they use the cheapest oil they can find , even used oil strained through a T-shirt or somthin. Ya know in third world countries where even an extra 50 cents for 2 stroke oil would make a big difference they are gonna use what they can, for cheap or free. I'll bet almost anything that hundreds of gallons of used motor oil has been run through 2 stroke motors. And if it blew up a motor right off the bat, they wouldnt do it again. BUT, I know they DO use sae 30 or whatever is handy.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I know of a guy here in Memphis who uses nothing but used crankcase oil in his chinadoll.
Runs just fine.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I know of a guy here in Memphis who uses nothing but used crankcase oil in his chinadoll.
Runs just fine.
The thing I think we fail to realize sometime when we get involved in all the oil related debates on here is this.

As long as the engine doesnt get to hot and as long as its getting enough oil to the bearings and a good film on the cylinder wall, the engine is gonna run just fine.

Modern 2 stroke oil is designed to give good lubrication without needing to use as much of it as when using the old method of just using regular 4 cycle engine oils like they did way back in the early days, another thing is that most modern 2 stroke are capable of turn very high rpms, most of these china girl engines dont turn what is considered high rpms, I think as long as enough conventional 4 cycle oil is used in the mix one can expect to get good service from a stock or mostly stock built china girl engine as long as carb is tuned properly.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah map, I dont think either one of us would recomend using 30wt as a steady diet on the poor little China girls, But I'll tell ya, I HATE being stuck at a gas station that dont sell 2 stroke oil. 10 miles from home and bad planning on my part has left me in a predicament a time or two. Its good knowing that I can at least get her home with some regular motor oil. Pretty much every gas station sells that. SO, 4 1/2 or 5 oz per gallon ought to do it huh? I think I'll give it a test run and let everyone in on the results. One good thing is if the cops want to stop you, Ya might get away in the smoke screen.LOLlaff
fatdaddy.usflg

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
To anyone who reads this.................I'm kidding, just kidding. Don't try it!

Tom
I was just getting ready to post a disclaimer on the 90wt. Some newb was just about ready to shove a glob of gear oil into his tank, And why not? Oil is Oil, right? I wasn't really sure about regular motor oil, So I checked.SO, Ya know some newbie is gonna ask about the best way to blend in that thick 90wt oil.LOL
fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep everyone here mentioning using 90w gear oil/lube is just joking around.... dont do it unless you dont mind replacing an engine if it cooks down in a short time, I recommend the same advice about using anything else besides a quality 2 stroke oil even though I have seen good results on engines running otherwise in high quality 2 strokes such as some chainsaws I mentioned in previous posts.

The oil topic here has been a discussion between fatdaddy and myself and NOT a recommendation that anyone else should try using 30w motor oil as a substitute for their 2 smoker oil.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I was gonna do a test run on some 30wt myself, but I mentioned this discussion to a crazy friend of mine last week and NOW it looks like the test has already been done, YUP, He did it, and his bike never sounded better, He rode up on it yesterday and I comented that the bike sounds like its running pretty good, Turns out, he's been running 30wt in it. When I found out I warned him to run a little heavy with it, BUT he IS a little crazy so I dont know if he REALLY heard me. But hey, so far, so good. I'm pretty sure its just a stock engine from engineshoponline, Or maybe even cheaper, SO, Just a cheapo stocker and doing fine, SO FAR. If ya want a high rev racer I wouldn't try it, and I'm not making a recomendation but it seems to work for the crazy guy. So if yer a little crazy yerself and wanna give it a shot, let me know how it works out for ya. just dont come back crying if it dont work out so good. Didn't I just say if yer a little crazy and wanna try it? So the results are on YOU. Cause heck, Maybe it only works for crazy people.LOLdance1
fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I was gonna do a test run on some 30wt myself, but I mentioned this discussion to a crazy friend of mine last week and NOW it looks like the test has already been done, YUP, He did it, and his bike never sounded better, He rode up on it yesterday and I comented that the bike sounds like its running pretty good, Turns out, he's been running 30wt in it. When I found out I warned him to run a little heavy with it, BUT he IS a little crazy so I dont know if he REALLY heard me. But hey, so far, so good. I'm pretty sure its just a stock engine from engineshoponline, Or maybe even cheaper, SO, Just a cheapo stocker and doing fine, SO FAR. If ya want a high rev racer I wouldn't try it, and I'm not making a recomendation but it seems to work for the crazy guy. So if yer a little crazy yerself and wanna give it a shot, let me know how it works out for ya. just dont come back crying if it dont work out so good. Didn't I just say if yer a little crazy and wanna try it? So the results are on YOU. Cause heck, Maybe it only works for crazy people.LOLdance1
fatdaddy.usflg
Ive got several qts of cheap 40wt non detergent out in the shop, I have an engine that Im not to fond of since the balance isnt nearly as good as I would like it to be, so Im gonna mix up a gallon of 25:1with the 40wt and run it for a while and see if I notice and performance differences and yes people say Im a bit crazy... so hey It just might work for me.......lol!

I normally use the 40wt non detergent as bag and chain liube in my chainsaws, oils much better than ghat supper thick stuff in my opinion.