Micargi Puma with twin 97cc flat top lifan's

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Awesome sounding little beast. I love the sound of twins, my lawn tractor has a opposed 16 twin Briggs. Much more powerful sound .....just love your build, be fun to try a paire of 25'cc twin 4 stroke weed eater motors to be league here....Curt

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
You have done so much with this build,it is impressive. It sounds and looks great.These lil Lifans rock! I can only imagine the pull with 3 of them.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
The Honda gx generator coil will be here Monday. I'm off work that day, so I'll be installing it straight away. The ebay description does not state whether that coil's output is 6v or 12v, so I called the seller because their customer service number is listed with the item, and they confirmed it is 12v. There are some gx generator coils that are 6v, so if you order one from somewhere, be sure it's the one you need. They also come in 3 amp, 5 amp and 10 amp, so make sure you're getting the right one as well.

Last edited:

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I just got the Honda coil mounted. Had to get creative, as the bolt pattern is quite a bit wider than the one on my engine. I haven't been able to test it yet though, because right after I mounted it, it started to pour. As soon as I test it, I'll post back.

timmyb

Sep 8, 2014
I also used the puma frame in a trike build, was disappointed with the quality. as always ...if you want quality..pay for it!! haha.trk

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
I also used the puma frame in a trike build, was disappointed with the quality. as always ...if you want quality..pay for it!! haha.trk
What's its name said "you go to war with the Army you have not the one you wish you had"

Yeah we all know about quality. Much of what I build is out of 70 year old parts. But here I am. Using a frame I paid $100 for in the beginning. I think that's all that's original is the frame, springer and bars. If you follow the details of the build you will see the engine plate is welded into the frame so far as support goes I think we have it covered. There will be more bracing added into the rear as we sterilize the frame for paint.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
This much is clear I have a potential solution for my dual carburetor throttle in the mail as of today from eBay for $39.95 including freight.

99-2001 SUZUKI SV650 MOTORCYCLE BIKE HANDLE BAR SWITCHES TURN HORN LIGHT START
Seller Notes:
“Removed from a 2001 sv650. All electrical switches work good. The cables are included. They have some cosmetic flaws. Please view pics.”

So yes the cables and throttle on the bike will likely be replaced with what ever works.... Updates in days not weeks.... Awaiting USPS.

Attachments

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Excellent and inspiring build LabRat! I have a twin engine build working itself out on my mental drawing board right now. I will be following yours all the way. Thanks for sharing your work with the community.