Lurker's V-twin build

GoldenMotor.com

cantona7

Jul 10, 2012
Arlington VA
holly smokes! amazing video! I really like the part where you said that "I like to make people creative" because thats what your projects have done to me. Made me more creative. Thanks!

butchl

Sep 30, 2008
Garden City, MI
Somewhere I lost some info on this great build. What HEAD did you use to start the build> I'm working on one but I don't want to use my Simplex parts. Thanks.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks guys!

Butchl, I'm not sure what you mean by what head did I use. If you are referring to the engine it is just a stock Briggs and Stratton 23hp Vanguard. The only things I did to the engine is strip it down and make my own exhaust pipes.

If you can elaborate on the question I would be more than happy to answer any question you guys have.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Oh, the steer tube. I made it out of 1.25" id tubing with .25" thick gussets. here is a photo of it just after I finished welding the gussets in.

On pg.43 of this build you can see some photos of the steer tube and gussets

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
Lurker,
i seem to re-call you once said that can be fixed with my trusty angle grinder. I'm becoming an artist with that thing.
buddy you sure are wow great art you have put together, enjoy the fame

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hope I'm not violating a forum taboo by bumping and advocating an old post, but that's what I'm doing. Those who are interested in building something unique and quite wonderful should look into this long build word for word as well as his previous bike. I would suggest looking at the finished bikes first & if your not inspired to read further I'd be surprised. If you decide to study his posts & those of the forum members who contributed excellent design advice & encouragement along the way I'm sure you will be inspired and learn regardless of your level of building skill or artistic talents. These are real deal creations, built in kitchen, living room and alley; with minimal tools and it seems budget. Yet his desire, tenacity, coupled with much research, labor and learning from others with specialized knowledge: even though doing so caused him a big setback and additional re-work, kept him moving forward to completion of a wonderful V-twin board tracker. Just my 2 cents. Rick C.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hello forum friends!
Indian22, MtoMagz, Silverbear, and Butchl you are all too kind. Comments like these and support the members on this forum provide are the reason I love this forum. Unfortunately I haven't been as active on here as I would like to be but I have put building bikes on hold for the past few years to make some life changes and allow myself to build the car of my dreams. However doing this has also allowed me to acquire some new tool, learn some new skills, and meet some new people that will allow the next build to truly be a work of art. I have some blueprints drawn up and a parts list started for the next bike and I will be sure to document every step of the process on this forum. The next bike will be completely road legal and use a 650cc engine. I plan to start the build sometime in mid 2017 depending on how things go, I don't want to go in to to many details but I can assure you it will be a entertaining build for the forum and I hope you all enjoy it.

In the mean time here are some of the projects I have been working.

Electro etching project for my father and his new Indian Scout

Both of my bikes being displayed at Unsmoke gallery last summer.

Indian Scout concept illustration

Wheel design for OZ racing

And finally a rendering of the car I'm building

Once again thanks for all the support and I hope I have been able to contribute something to the forum weather it be inspiration, technical knowledge or design guidance.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh

Hey guys it's been awhile since I posted last but I thought I would give a quick update on my latest project. I've been working on this for the past few weeks and I thought you guys might be interested.

I'm trying to get my dream started of doing nothing but motorcycle and car related stuff all day everyday and I think this is the first step. Help me make my dream a reality and tell your friends about this. I will be posting new designs on a regular basis so check back.

Also if there is something you would like to see, let me know I'm always looking for new design ideas.

P.S. I'm offering free shipping today and tomorrow only.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Great project, I just ordered 3 shirts...looks as though they were designed by an artist, oh snap you are a real artist! Great designs best of luck in your new venture. Indian22 (Rick C.)

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Great designs! Pretty obvious that you have a natural artistic talent and some graphics schooling. I really like what you've done and wish you the best with your new project.