KTM 50cc BTR Project Divorce

GoldenMotor.com

wizzkid

Sep 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA.
This is a BTR inspired KTM 50cc build. The chosen name reflects what could happen if she knew what it actually cost in parts. She started life as a pawn shop purchase $148.

A medical gas tank that was decommissioned. Cost was FREE!

The filler neck and pet cock was salvaged from a HT kit tank and welded into the medical tank.

Finished tank with filler neck and pet cock installed no mounts are needed as this will become part of the frame

Attachments

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Keep going wiz and post some more pics good luck. Ps i was born and raised in tacoma 1946 to 1963 didnt have a botorized bike till i turned 65 now i have three. Visited the new lamay musieum a couple of weeks a go some very nice cars and motorbikes....dave

wizzkid

Sep 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA.
Ok here is my gorilla operation, like I said if she fines out "Divorce" This bike is being sorted in the midnight hour. I get off work drive to the tide flats in Tacoma's industrial area pull over stat up the gen set and get to fabricating.

Attachments

wizzkid

Sep 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA.
To answer your question about the motor mounts, they are self engineered. I used 1/2in. ID thick walled tubing through the seat post tube capped washers front and back. Using two 1/2" bolts to attach the jackshaft bracket with the motor mount to the seat post so I didn't have to use the one way U- bolts. The front & rear motor mount started out as cardboard shapes, I fabbed them also.

Having the tool wagon has helped to move the project quickly along!

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Its really cool how you made the tank part of the frame, eliminating any issues with mounting hardware or vibration, well done!

wizzkid

Sep 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA.
Thanks 16V. I also installed stainless steel tubing from front to back through the tank for all of the control cables. Throttle, shift, and brake. A very clean look!

wizzkid

Sep 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA.
Sorry My posts stalled.... "Dream it, Build it, Ride it" emfisys on the riding it part!! This bike is fast can't get enough of it!!dnut