IZIP to GAS Scooter Project

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I know right?
Not sure if I'd do it, but my Rocky Mountain RM7 ('The Beast') would make a crazy good mount to 'Scooter Morph'...
-> New terminology here <-
lol
-Low-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Was wondering if keeping the 26" front wheel, but dropping the rear onto a 20" bmx wheel would rake out the steering geometry to give better standup handling (or worse)?
Any ideas?
-Lowracer-

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I agree with 16v,the skyver is awesome! But what's the other one? I can't make out the name on my cell. Looks like a good replacement for my Variflex.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I didn't see all 5 pics before. That said,#2 & #4 are definetly worth looking into for me. You got a link or 3 low? Please?

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
d gizzle,
I do think they are more popular in Europe.
I like checking them out to get ideas on how to turn regular bicycles into motorized stand-up scooters.
I may use my daughters old MTB once the scooter wheels arrive.
It will have front suspension.
Not sure on front wheel sizing yet until I "get up, stand up"...& ride it...lol - Bob Marley
-Lowracer-

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Could you do 26"/20" by having both pedals down and flat sided pegs on the rear axle? To mount platforms/deck? Tire changes would be horrendous. Or maybe 20/12?

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
After looking in my crates,maybe round pegs would be better? Use 2 u-bolts or muffler clamps on each side? Not quite sure how to secure the pedals but between them and the pegs it should:confused: support you?

I keep saying 'use the pedals' because of the facts that they already support you alone,your not planning on using them,and I have a few bikes in the pile that could definetly be modded this way. Maybe even keep the seat,to help with mounting of the engine.

Keep'em coming Low!

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
d gizzle,
I do think they are more popular in Europe.
I like checking them out to get ideas on how to turn regular bicycles into motorized stand-up scooters.
I may use my daughters old MTB once the scooter wheels arrive.
It will have front suspension.
Not sure on front wheel sizing yet until I "get up, stand up"...& ride it...lol - Bob Marley
-Lowracer-
I found the X-style with wishbone to be effective at getting the desired deck-height, drop-out width, and optimal position. I used the existing drop-out as the pivot, and added the scooter-shock.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I like that bowljoman,looks like it rides pretty nice.

Btw bowljoman, are you still looking to have a solid mount for your rear sprocket? Just flip your rim around and there you go. Solid disc mounted sprocket,disc rotor on a freewheel adaptor.

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
Nope,
I like the free-wheel. Also, the OEM drive side had twice the threads as the disc side. The big bonus is the available variety of freewheel sprockets available.

This is the rim I have . Standard cheap 8" rim.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Yeah that can be bought with a disc brake mount. I just remember you saying something about having a solid sprocket for better shifting?

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
It could potentially aid shifts, but I picked up an Imotion hub which is supposed to allow shifting under partial loads and will swap that in insted. Its also wider a little bit but requires a custom sprocket.