It's not me Emocons

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
can we get nekkid dancing girl emoticons....

i promise to use them sparingly...
I Promise to use them a lot, snork rotfl

Have friends who make their own and some are pretty cool. Think animated ones would take a good wile. Found a bunch of free ways via google and "Gimp" looks pretty easy. GIMP - Draw A Paint Brush

From Gimp welcome page, looks pretty cool so far:
1. Welcome to GIMP
Revision History
Revision $Revision: 2544 $ 2005-11-01 j.h

GIMP is a multi-platform photo manipulation tool. GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo retouching, image composition, and image construction.

It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.

GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.

One of The GIMP's strengths is its free availability from many sources for many operating systems. Most GNU/Linux distributions include The GIMP as a standard application. The GIMP is also available for other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows™ or Apple's Mac OS X™ (Darwin). The GIMP is a Free Software application covered by the General Public License ( GPL license). The GPL provides users with the freedom to access and alter the source code that makes up computer programs.

Last edited:

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Shoot. When people call me gimpy, that ain't what they're talkin' about. :(

It's a great program. There is a learning curve, of course. And it also has a Photoshop emulation mode for Adobe users.

It's easy to do animations. To give you an idea of how animations work, download one of the animated smilies (right click and "save as") and open with Gimp, then look at each layer. They are put together like flip cards of old. :)

Ted

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is pretty cool Ted. I am terrible at software but this might be worth the time to learn.

Your addition to your signature is a great idea.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I ran this one through and I know it's a little rough, but it's just an example. It's been a while and some of the tools I used to have, I couldn't find, but did manage to get a few good ones.
Very cool Hiker.

You know if she is seeing any one?

Last edited:

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Thanks, but I'm not satisfied enough...........I'm too much of a perfectionist LOL. I only took an existing one and added some color, but it'll be better to work with larger pics before I resize them. I looked all over the web and there isn't any MB gifs to be found so I am on a quest.

I would like to see this site as the only one with MB gifs on it, like the trend setters that we are!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hiker wow and thank you! i am from michigan to but this past may i moved to the virgin islands. i have bear hunted in Ontonagon a few times. never got any bear but the pat hunting was some of the best in the world. going to upload the emocons now you made. again thank you

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
hiker wow and thank you! i am from michigan to but this past may i moved to the virgin islands. i have bear hunted in Ontonagon a few times. never got any bear but the pat hunting was some of the best in the world. going to upload the emocons now you made. again thank you
I haven't hunted bear yet, but I have chased a few down the street in the past. People feed them in this town and more than once I've come across them on my hikes and as long as I have something in my hand, like a walking stick, I'll just "bark like a dog" a few times and I'll be chasing that bear down the road! Of course I never do this with a mother and her little ones.....then I would be crazy!

But yeah, this county is a very beautiful place......I bet you miss the -20* to -50* below winters up here, hey? rotfl

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Hiker! You have talent.

I honestly wonder if there is a market for personalized Smilies/ emoticons. Now that would be a cool gig. (pulling my hair out trying to make one and they are bad)

I have hunted beer and barked like a dawg. Does that count?