Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Fox(es)- Waagosh, is ojibwe. It's been a fun journey, i have learned a lot, helping and watching. Now started my own build and will post maybe this fall after i get all my work done for the summer,as have to put it on hold soon...................Curt

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Good news about your coming build. I look forward to it.

Living in Indian Territory (Oklahoma) as a blood Cherokee but in a section of tribal lands of the Cheyenne, Arapaho & Creek. I quite often laugh at the TV news coverage & how they butcher the pronunciation of common place names etc. I used my home county name in a not too distant post in this forum thread & it was censored as a curse word & changed to Was***a. Cracked me up cause the news guys and gals also pronounce it incorrectly ...and it sounds dirty. What can you do?

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The chain guard is well on it's way to being done. Welding it up was easier than I thought it would be and of course the second half of the welding was better than the first half of the chain guard.

Should have it finished up tomorrow and primed. Still have to make mounting brackets for it.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
So sorry Steve I'm hoping your on to path to recovery. Hives don't sound too bad unless you've experienced 'em...they can put even the toughest down in misery. Let us know how you're doing when your up to it. Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hives remind me of the old Arab curse Rick. "May the fleas of a thousand camel infest your tent." It looks and feels like they did and with a vengeance. I've had far worse attacks of hives but this is the first time my eyes swelled almost shut and I was too tired to move around.

Feeling well enough today to go down and mess with the chain guard a little.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Last night I took a look at the photos of the seat for the tri car that I posted on Photobucket since it's been so long since I've seen it. The seat is in the trailer and other than a brief look a few months ago and I didn't move the cover on the seat to make sure everything was alright I haven't see it in a year and a half at least since I've been to ill with the bone infection in my knee and the following operation.

I had forgotten what it looked like and was more than a little surprised that it was as good as it is. Probably about time to put it on the tri car for a little inspiration like I'd planned too.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Steve it lifted my spirits to hear you were feeling a bit better & are able to do a few things. In light of your long term recovery from the surgery and infection having to do battle with the hives is burdensome at best. Get well!

The seat is a thing of beauty, put it on display. Make a screen saver of it & "create by stare". It is inspiring & YOU imagined & built it. Feel good about your accomplishment without apologies. The Tadpole build has been a marathon and you now have the finish in sight. You are so very close, regain some strength and health...then finish!

I'm a big fan, Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The chain guard is done except for paint and I am working out the mounting brackets. I'll take some photos tomorrow and get them on photo bucket so you have an idea what it looks like.

Hives are nearly gone, Thank Heavens. I was almost down to using #40 grit paper to keep up with the itching.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
An old friend of mine that I haven't talked to in twenty years got a hold of me through Facebook and in the what are you doing now's he asked me if I was still messing around with old cars. That hasn't happened in years but I told him I was working on motorized bicycles and sent him the links to the Monark and sidecar and the tri car.

Didn't hear anything for a day and then I get a one sentence email.

"I see you haven't been kept under constant supervision again."

An old joke from 50 years ago but then it was more of the truth than a joke.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
So glad the Hives are coming under control. I know it's been miserable.

Old friends don't forget but they are kept in control by pay back in kind...not kindness!

I'm excited by news of progress on the Tadpole....

Rick C.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Domeboro Solution (Aluminum Acetate) is an astringent. I use the powered type and make a watery paste which smears on the skin. Note the recommendation on the package is 1:13 to 1:40 solution so a paste has to be way stronger. A hair dryer to blow it dry quick. This may not be useful on some skin irritations. But mosquito and spider etc bites it quickens the toxins out of the tissue quicker to the blood stream to get rid of it. Also feels better while it works. The tablet form is not useful for the way I use it so powder packets are what I get. Beside Bayer brand there are drug store generics. When the dried crust make wrinkles on the skin you know it is working. Keeping the area from moving for a while helps, otherwise the wrinkles disappear some and you might as well wash off anything remaining.

Pictures of the Tadpole when you can!

A comment I heard long ago, was "You know just enough to be dangerous". I guess one thing I can say like some comment I heard on a re-broadcast Best of Car Talk Radio is this: Reply to the caller that was just learning automobiles. When Bob an Ray had a shop that general public could rent a space and do repairs them self. "It is considered a success if the person did not hurt themselves" Not damaging something not already broken a close second. Fixing the problem you started out with third. OK so not Safety Third!

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Interesting afternoon proving that my positively brilliant method of mounting the chain guard wouldn't work. Back at it tomorrow with an equally brilliant plan just as soon as I figure out what it is.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you Silverbear. The big test will be tomorrow to see if the sprockets like up. Mainly the wheel sprocket to the rear drive sprocket on the jack shaft because I have more than enough crank shaft to work with as far as the clutch goes.

If it doesn't it may be the end of the project.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Steve the cover looks super as does the mounted clutch. Chain line won't stop this build. Your too good a fabricator to let it do more than challenge you a bit! Rick C.