Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Rick, I believe the rear wheel sprocket has 22 teeth and the pedal sprocket has 26. The front sprocket had to be physically small due to where the muffler is. I may have to rearrange thing to allow for a larger sprocket on the pedal crank if it is too small but I'm really hoping the rear wheel will act like a flywheel and help things along.

I would expect that starting the bike will consist of me standing beside the bike holding the clutch in and using one of the pedals as a crank to start it. My left leg doesn't bend enough to allow for me to pedal.

Such is life.

Steve.
I'd not considered the problems you've faced with the leg Steve, sorry, but I follow your thinking now. If kicking starting becomes a problem you could always weld a go cart starter nut to the jack shaft and carry a portable drill with you to spin the whole affair & 3D has a clutch "lock" lever available as well...just a thought.

I also see where the 3-D is on sale this week only for $100. even.... add $25. extra for the cable and lever kit. Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Rick, Just saw the post. No notification. I don't talk about the knee at all. Most people don't know about it but it does slow some things up and makes others nearly impossible.

I never thought about a go kart starter nut and I'll look into it. Certainly would make things easier. Thank you.

The 3d clutch is a heck of a deal at that price.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I got the clutch throw out anchor point and clutch cable anchor point primed and I put it together to give some idea how it looks. The bolts are the wrong size and I'll have to get some tomorrow. Everything is now painted a gloss black and will go together and on the bike.

Steve. DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPG

Reactions: indian22

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Been slacking off due to health and the weather. We equaled a weather record set in 1953.

There were 27 rainy days out of the 30 days in November. Remember on the Wet Coast you don't tan, you rust. I hope to get back at it tomorrow.

Steve

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Rain is not really good to be working on the project outside. I though just spent 9hrs and finished working on maintenance on my bike till about 2 hrs after sunset. Glad frost was not on my ramp and I drop my bike putting it in my truck. No, just a skinned knuckle and forefinger while working on it. New chain an a laundry list of other stuff. Even the inspector (boxer dog came over from neighbors place) was checking out everything. For a while sniffing was near yesterdays BBQ of NY Strip Roast. No scraps for em, sorry. Frost and 30 degrees outside and maybe snow tomorrow, but it is not yet happened when many times they said it would, so I hold my breath. Gonna look for some studded tires soon though. Mount Shasta has accumulated a whole lot more snow I see, as pictures on the news now show it is all white down to the base.

Last edited:

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Zero rain here for the last 50 days guys & I haven't put much effort in on the bikes either. Health issues are significant obstacles to my actual fabrication, but I try to mentally sort through design and part selection/purchase while healing up...spending while recovering. I find time to ride a little each day even if it's just getting to the Doctor & I think that really helps to keep me going.

I had a fellow bike enthusiast stop by the other day to see what I was up to and he commented that he drove by often but never saw me working on the bikes & I can see he had a point. I work a little at a time & not every day...might be the age thing? Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Finally got back to working on the clutch yesterday. Had to find an angle for the clutch mount to fit against the mount for the tri car which is welded to the bottom bracket. There also had to be an easy entry for the clutch cable into the chain guard so if there was a need to get to the clutch it would easy to free up the chain guard and slide it out of the way.

Fortunately the clutch throw out bearing can be moved to any angle and still work. Here are photos of what I did. I need to move the cable adjuster over closer to the motor so it lines up with the groove the cable travels in so it can be tightened down.

Steve.

DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0027.JPG DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0030.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Such an elegant, though not simple, solution to a complex problem! You've stuck with it Steve and it's been fun ( for us) to see you work it out. I've got plenty of popcorn and time to watch the finish. Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
It snowed about 2" here on the Wet Coast yesterday. Hasn't gotten much above freezing either but usually it's just raining so there isn't much call for studded tires here. If I needed studded tires there wouldn't be a whistling chance in Hades that I'd be on a bike on the road.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hope you are enjoying the holidays Steve. Forum has been pretty dead the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping lots of ideas are being dreamed up as we all over indulge on food stuffs. Best to all you guys. Rick C.

Reactions: fasteddy