I want a Stealth Bomber, lord help me.

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Too bad she doesn't drink.
Now see? That's what I was going to suggest. A couple of glasses of a nice carbernet and she'd be much more receptive. But, alas, she'll be stone sober when she sees it the first time.
Which brings up a question: After she sees the bike and realizes it's new, when will you reveal how much it cost you? Then, later, or never?

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Now see? That's what I was going to suggest. A couple of glasses of a nice carbernet and she'd be much more receptive. But, alas, she'll be stone sober when she sees it the first time.
Which brings up a question: After she sees the bike and realizes it's new, when will you reveal how much it cost you? Then, later, or never?

Tom
Not just stone sober, stone cold sober.

Damnit man, why are you poking around at the soft sensitive underbelly with that sharp stick LOL.

That's pretty much going to be her first question. There's no getting around it I guess. That's the whole reason for the $10,500 kitchen, the $750 electric range, the $200 in Hello Kitty Birthday present stuff, and the dozen red roses I bought her last night.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Look and behold Lads. My master plan, swoosh nuttin but net.

Now she's not noticeably unset, and she didn't even ask how much $$$. It could have gone either way, but faced with surprisingly little resistance I got a brainstorm. I said to her, "I didn't tell you about it, because I was afraid to, because you're so mean to me."

She stopped in mid holler, and her mouth dropped open about halfway. She had a kind of weird look on her face for a few seconds, and then she started laughing incredulously. Then turned and walked away mumbling something about she thought I might be up to something lol.

This thread was about getting the bike without getting killed. It's now mission accomplished. Don't try this at home kids, I'm a professional.

Now we can discuss the plan and results here, but I'm going to start a new thread just about the bike. This thread has been fun, thank you for your participation.

Here's a pic to hold us over till I get it completely assembled.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That is one AWESOME looking thing. I'm really anxious to hear performance reports.

But, let me understand. She didn't ask, so she still doesn't know, how much?

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Brick house baby, I like it.

That thing looks like it kicks ass and takes names.

Good for you!

Oh, did you have a happy thanksgiving?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That is one AWESOME looking thing. I'm really anxious to hear performance reports.

But, let me understand. She didn't ask, so she still doesn't know, how much?

Tom
That's right, because I cut her off at the pass. When I accused her of being mean to me. It shut her down, because in her mind that's such an absurd accusation, but what if it's true? Now she's playing it cool, to prove me wrong, and I'm going to let her win this one.

I have a don't ask, don't tell policy.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah baby, keep your mouth shut and try to look like it really wasn't what you wanted.

Don't let the grin start till you're down the road - :)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That is one Gorgeous Machine!!!!dance1

Now mebbe you can tell me more about the drive train so''s I can convert one of my BoXers!:D That rear wheel just looks mean as all get go...Heck the whole machine is enough to make a grown man cry lol. I would have it at the foot of my bed when I slept at night;) That would get her asking more questions thorotfl

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That is one Gorgeous Machine!!!!dance1

Now mebbe you can tell me more about the drive train so''s I can convert one of my BoXers!:D That rear wheel just looks mean as all get go...Heck the whole machine is enough to make a grown man cry lol. I would have it at the foot of my bed when I slept at night;) That would get her asking more questions thorotfl
I haven told her yet that when the battery gets here it will have to live in the house in the winter. The battery doesn't like the cold.

There's not much to the drive train. It's a rear hub motor, and the pedal side is a 9 speed Suntour V-Boxx. It's a lot like a china girl in that the pedal side, and the power side are independent of each other. a big difference though is these gear ratios are tall enough to pedal up to about 43 mph, and low enough to be able to pedal the monster home if it runs out of juice.

At some point though, it out runs it's pedal ability, and then you're just trying not to get arrested.

Last edited:

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Nerves of steel! Now that was a gambit I wouldn't have expected.

I must say it's an awfully nice looking bike and perhaps the risk of a woman's fury was a risk worth taking in the end. I'm not saying I approve, but I can't help but admire the audacity of your strategy.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Of course there's a bunch of custom things I'm going to do it. Every bike I buy is just the starting point.

The seat post is too tall so I'll have to chop it. I'm going to install lights, so I have to invent a mount, and I have a rear rack. I'll want a front fender, but I have to find one I like first.

there's also some electrical stuff I'm going to do.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
With that bike I would wanna seat post that has enough forward tilt to let me ride by my butt. When that rear suspension squats down with that present placement , its gonna be uncomfortable. Oh yeah and a Cloud Nine saddle. Best comfort I ever came across. These seats are mandatory in my own repertoire now.

http://www.nycewheels.com/saddle-cloud-9-cruiser.html?gclid=CMDMqZOwibsCFc1aMgodskcAPg

A seat post with a concept like this where the seat bolts on has great adjustment can be reversed and will never max out.. http://bontrager.com/model/09194