How to make some serious bread!

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm actually proud that we are boasting about our dough manipulation skills instead of our video game prowess...............couldn't toot my horn about that...........

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I do not proclaim to be exactly perfect in forming of the dough, but as it expands in the pre-baking and baking, they looks sort of rustic, so no one knows. Hee hee!

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Today's batch ---- butter/cheese pinwheels and a single loaf. All of this is from a 1 1/2 pound batch.....light and fluffy!

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
First batch today........just love the smell of cinnamon in the morning! Now I've got a loaf in the oven using one of my new stoneware pans. Looks promising!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I like the Cinnamon rolls with the Orange frosting and a slab of butter on top.

Didn't have any orange zest, so I just made some cinnamon icing.

The bread came out great, however, it took almost twice as long to bake. A taste test will commence a little later this evening.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I think I've about figured out these new stoneware pans......reduce the temp a little and 1 1/2 times the minutes.........

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
2 day old dough Re: How to make some serious bread!

I was too busy to use the dough, so I froze it. Then thought again too busy, put it in the refrigerator which it stays for another day. Slow to warm I took just two of the three bags of dough that were in the freezer, so later I still have dough to use whenever.

Pizza this time was more of the normal chewy type and not the huge bread type I made before.

Of course the black berries on sale meant I had to try some new shape of a very lightly sugared sweetened turnover. They look more like Brioche, but are just the same pizza dough (not but minute olive oil) standing a little more tall and roundish.

MT

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I just love to see the results of an over-achiever!! Good job!! :D

Still haven't tried the fruit filling...........maybe this weekend.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I tried using the last of the three batches of frozen dough I made for pizza and turn overs.

It was 1 of 3 in the freezer left longest for about a week.

It warmed up naturally in the ambient kitchen temperature. Then formed into 12 rolls that 1/2 topped with dried onion flakes and the other half poppy seeds.

No pictures, I forgot. They were gone in less than a day and a half.

I was thinking to test to see if I could have the dough like that and take camping to cook up with portable convection oven and generator that was gifted to be mostly in operable at the last Burning Man event.

Since I fixed it with a new engine magneto and generator capacitor for the windings and also cut an access in the cover to get at the throttle without opening the cover, it is ready to use. I fooled with the fuel mixture screw and still it does not start with full throttle as it is made to do. I just put it down near 1/4 to idle setting and pull the cord and it starts.

Pizza at 8000 ft maybe it does not need as much boost in newly made yeast in the dough due to the altitude?

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've just discovered this book. For anyone wanting to know the first thing (and maybe the last thing) about making bread, this is the best book ever!! It's gonna allow me to move up a class in my baking abilities!!

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Guys, I think I've just perfected my thin crust pizza dough ---- cracker thin and crispy, and flaky as well!

This one is smoked ham and mushrooms with a home-made sauce....muy delisioso!!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I bought a pound of mozzarella cheese to grate and make za again.

Is the perforated pan what I see that you bake the pizza on, or is that a peal, or what?

Looks good!

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I bake 'em on this pan. My pizza stone broke some while back and haven't replaced it. I can say that this pan does a very good job without all the extra pre-heating. Therefore, I've not been in a stone hurry.