GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Bike1: 24mph 50 tooth rear sprocket, stock head, stock exhaust

Bike 2: 38 mph per GPS SBP shifter kit, 7speeds, high compression head

Bike 3: 40+ mph SBP shifter kit, 7 speeds, high high compression head, TUNED PIPE. It keeps pulling at 40mph but that's way above my personal comfort level.

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I hit 37.2mph today on the flat with a pretty much stock 44t sprocket set-up. Only mods done on this bike is leaning the main jet and matching the intake and exhaust pipe to the cylinder. It must be the flames that make it fast!

Attachments

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I got mine running well last night, so I took my GPS for a ride. I hit 35 on my stock 44t sprocket :O but quickly slowed down. But I live with a lot of hills, that flat section is about the only flatish section of road for miles. So I'm more concerned with uphill speed than flat speed. I'm waiting on a slant head, so that should greatly improve uphill speed.

hammerhead

Jan 3, 2009
michigan
I had my first one up to 34mph before it blew up. second one tops out at 23mph same set up, engine was replaced under warranty 12 mph slower than the first one.

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
Respuesta: How fast can your 80cc really go?

i should make a correction to mine..

i am actually making 20 WOT 22 maxing it out for a while......with a 44t and stock exhaust....im going to lower the sprocket to a 40T and a leaner jet...lets see what i can do..hope to get 30 wot 20 cruise....

cant really believe people are going 35 on a 44t....but thats me

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
If you are only getting 20-22 max your bike is not running right in my opinion. There is a long steep hill to climb to get to the airport from down town Billings and I climbed it at a steady 19.6 with 44t. Leaner main jet was only mod from bone stock out of box. If you can't find jets it is easy to re-size them smaller yourself. All my jets are "custom sized" by soldering shut then drilling to the smallest needle drill bit I could find(get hand set at hobby shop) I then size them with a welding tip cleaner that can be bought at a auto parts store. Tip cleaner is marked for size, my drill bits are not. Make sure you test the size of your jet before you solder so you know your starting point.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: Respuesta: How fast can your 80cc really go?

i should make a correction to mine..

i am actually making 20 WOT 22 maxing it out for a while......with a 44t and stock exhaust....im going to lower the sprocket to a 40T and a leaner jet...lets see what i can do..hope to get 30 wot 20 cruise....

cant really believe people are going 35 on a 44t....but thats me
Some will break 40 and some will not break 25 mph, it's all part of the "charm" of the china in frame two stroke bicycle motor kit.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
40? really on a 44t? wow... I can hit 35, but at that speed I'm running pretty rich. So a smaller jet would probably get me up to 40, or at least save some fuel. My engine is pretty well balanced though, I don't have nearly the vibration issues a lot of people talk about though.
I think I got lucky on the HT lottery haha

Status
Not open for further replies.