Hello From Dalian, China

GoldenMotor.com

blaked

Apr 7, 2009
dalian
Hi,

I am a Canadian expat living in Dalian, Liaoning Province, China. I have a 90cc 2 stroke on the road, and am preparing for a tour to the city of Dandong on the border of North Korea, along with 24 friends, colleagues and acquaintances.

My engine is new. I fried my last one, using too liitle oil.

And as a newbie to 2 stroke biking, I have a couple questions. Is the "jet" the exhaust exit from the cylinder?

Should there be a tiny air intake in the gas cap?

Will a larger exhaust cylinder/pipe give me more power.

I realize that new engines need some break in time, but I'm bogging a bit (still paranoid about using too little oil so my mix may be too rich. I'll have to check the plug)

Cheers to you all,

Blake

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hey Blake, Welcome To The Forum. The Only Jet I Know Of Is The Carb Jet For Controling Air Fuel Mixture. The Exhaust Systems With Expansion Chamber Are Said To Add A Lot To The 2 Cycle Engines Performance. What Cycle Do You Have With 90cc?? MANY RIDERS HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH NON VENTED GAS TANK CAPS, THEY CAN AIR LOCK (VACUUM LOCK). Ron

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Seconded on the "jet" definition from Neat Times, it's a device to regulate air/fuel mixture, it resides in the carburetor.
If you open the cap immediately after riding for a few miles, and it hisses with air being sucked in, then you need a vented cap.
Welcome to the best motorized bike site in the galaxy, :D

ernie hammer

Apr 8, 2009
marshall,mo
I had a problem with the intake to cylinder gasket soon after i got my 80 cc bike installed and running. This caused a "BOGGY" throttle response and diffucult starting.

This might be something to check

blaked

Apr 7, 2009
dalian
Thanks for the welcome.

My bike is a Hong Qi (Red Flag) brand. A old-school style single speed Chinese bike. All the riders on the tour we're planning have similar bikes.

I am going to take all the suggestions I received in the last 24hrs here and see if I can fix my acceleration and my bogging problems in the next couple days.

Thanks Again,

Blake

Last edited:

blaked

Apr 7, 2009
dalian
And one more thing,

I did have some issues with the real wheel assembly; the issue resulted in difficulty pedaling and overheating the engine. All good after repair.