Hahahahah wipeout....

GoldenMotor.com

YoungRatRod

Oct 19, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
Well after eating one 3 of Taco Bell's Doritos Locos tacos, I went for a ride.

After about 30 seconds of riding, my front wheel hit a bump that I didn't see, and the my springer front basically taco'd ended up with road rash all up and down my back, on my ass and on my left calf. Luckily I was wearing my helmet or else I probably wouldn't be sitting here typing this right now.

And another lucky thing, my friends we're still at Taco Bell chowin down so I just loaded it up in their truck and came home and showered

Ill post a picture or two of the damage here pretty soon

Gonna be a while before I ride again, gotta get a new fork set up, probably just a regular cruiser fork, don't need suspension, need rigidity.

YRR

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
If the helmet has roadrash also it better to get a new one and be safe then have one that maybe failing because of an impact with the road its just a fiberglass shell over styrofoam after all

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
second photo, kinda looks like a low rider
Yeah, it does have that long & low look. Glad you're OK, btw.

That gives me an idea. A lowrider with a skid plate. A catastrophic failure just turns into a fun, sparky slide to a stop.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Yeah, it does have that long & low look. Glad you're OK, btw.

That gives me an idea. A lowrider with a skid plate. A catastrophic failure just turns into a fun, sparky slide to a stop.
i got some titanium plate from work if you want, i made some skid plates for my boots to mess around. they throw 6 feet of sparks at 25mph.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's a bummer. Glad you'll ride again though.

It's a good thing that you to explained what happened. May help others not as experienced as you.

Get well fast.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I used to watch my front forks bend in and out a lot on a Pug...I worried this might have happened to me but I guess the chrome-molly is made to do that but still I always wondered! Glad you aren't hurt too bad!

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Now for certain I know not to get a springer. Bummer that you had gain more know how on springers this way, the more I read about them the more unreliable they are to me. Hope your road-rash heals quick. What are your plans for forks now?

YoungRatRod

Oct 19, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
Texhun- Im just gunna use some beach cruiser forks

Mooner- thanks a ton. I finally can wear a shirt without gauze on and I worked a full 10 hour day today so I'm healing fast